This is me- pic included

Options
cocolo89
cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
Hi guys, I am just about at goal and wanted to share with everyone my story. I am a first time mom to a beautiful girl born on 6-26-2010. Prior to being pregnant, I was "trying" to shed some weight without exercise and eating healthy, and guess what?! That didn't work. LOL. From the time I was 12 to the time I was 17 I was always the same weight of 140ish lbs. When I was 18 I went on a Europe trip for 1 month and I got down to 125ish lbs! We did A LOT of walking there (because not many teenagers have car/licenses in the country I was visiting) After I got home I gained a few lbs and was able to maintain weight at about 130lbs (I had 2 retail jobs and was on my feet from 8am-1am) I soon after quit the retail jobs and got an office job, keep in mind, I never changed my eating habits. After I got the office job, boom!! I gained 10 lbs. I was eating fast food 2x a day and did not do any exercise. I ended up getting married and put on more weight. By the time I was pregnant, I already was 146lbs. I then reached an all time high of 193lbs at 40wks. Finally had her and weighed 178lbs. HATED MYSELF, but I didn't change my eating habits. I started exercising and using portion control, lost 10lbs and then I got in a comfort zone. Soon after my 22nd birthday(after seeing pictures of myself) my motivation FINALLY kicked in. I started eating healthy, but no exercise. LOL This worked for me for a while, and then I found MFP. I started using MFP to track exercise only. I have inspirational friends that kept me going and wanting to exercise. I love the challenges on this site! It keeps me accountable. I was able to get from 166lbs to my current weight of 127lbs through the help of WW and MFP. I could not have done it without all the support from MFP friends and the challenges. I am 16days into doing the 30DS with the help of MFP challenge friends. At the same time I am working on toning up some unwanted extra luggage :)) TO ALL YOU NEW MOMMAS OUT THERE, YOU CAN DO IT. SET YOURSELF IN GEAR AND GET WORKING. Something that kept me going is TAKE PICTURES often. Every-time i would see a picture of myself, my motivation would get stronger and stronger.
Today I am using only MFP as my guide. WW really did work for me, but now I am just focusing on toning and maintenance. Thank you for hearing me out. YOU CAN DO IT!! :))

DSC07254-2-2.jpg

Replies

• zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you look great
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    great work
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all the hard work outs!! Thank you for sharing your success story!! Happy Healthy Journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    Pretty awesome. Way to go! :glasses:
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!!
  • daves160
    Options
    Congratulations! All your hard work had paid off. You look awesome!
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome! What an inspiration!:flowerforyou:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am confused by the timeline in your picture. 175 in Aug of 2011 followed by 166 in Feb 2011? And then the final picture is GW in Sept 2011?

Or is that suppose to be 175 in Aug 2010... :huh:
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great AND healthy AND happy!!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Well done!
  • Shrekkk
    Options
    You were so beautiful before, and now you're downright stunning! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing!

kelly
  • Lanae7
    Lanae7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job, you look great!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I am confused by the timeline in your picture. 175 in Aug of 2011 followed by 166 in Feb 2011? And then the final picture is GW in Sept 2011?

haha it's suppose to be 2010. Sorry, I didn't see that. Oops...
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You Look awesome! Great Job !!! Thanks for sharing.
  • cocolo89
    Options

fixed it :))
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It has been soo worth it. I feel so much better! I have a ton of energy now!
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • PinoB
    PinoB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My story is very similar to yours. Your story is very helpful and motivating. I have hesitated to take any pictures. I'm going to give it a try. Seeing pictures of myself is what was my original motivator and then I have had a series of serious health issues which caused me to lose some weight and then prompted me to keep losing weight. I have tried really hard, but haven't been able to exercise until recently and now it's just hard to get motivated and build up my stamina.

Thank you for posting your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!