Paleo Camping!!

Options
I am going camping for a week. Since I started Paleo and am loving it I dont want to ruin my streak with chips and hots dogs all week. Thats my usual go to camping food. Even if you are not paleo what do you take camping to stay on track?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I'm going camping next week, too, and I was just wondering the same thing! Well, low-carb, low-sodium types of food, anyways.
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My sister in-law makes awesome green beans with garlic ahead of time and we just put it in some foil with a little bit of reg butter and throw it on the grill, yum!!!
  • doriefish1
    doriefish1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My family and I always take fresh fruit and veggies, salad, egg whites, good bread (which is whatever you like), ground turkey for burgers, milk, cereal and I brought hummus with us last time and it worked until some water got into the container. As long as you have access to ice consistently, you can bring whatever you want.
  • attachedmama
    attachedmama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    burgers, pickled eggs and beets, nuts, lara bars, I make "egg casserole" ahead of time, then just reheat, keilbasa, fresh fruits and veggies. I also make a batch of paleo banana and pumpkin muffins. Have fun!