What amount have you lost and how long did it take?

Options
I am really wanting to be slim and trim by Christmas. I have 50 lbs to lose. Any advise or suggestions? Thanks :wink:

Replies

• 33 pounds in around 6 months by just eating less/healthy and exercise :) it works!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42lbs and It was a year on August 29th soooo, a little over a year.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    60 lbs in 2 years.
  • Jen3274
    Jen3274 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You really don't want to lose more than 2 lbs per week, which would put you at around 24 lbs by Christmas if you keep up with that. Initially you'll lose more when you first go on a diet because of water weight, so you may be able to get close to 30 lbs by Christmas. Even that is a HUGE accomplishment and will be quite noticeable...something you should be very proud of! Good luck!
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have lost 22 lbs and it took me 4 months the last few months have been very slow hence the reason i haven't lost much recently...

All I do is eat less and exercise, taking workout classes... And watch everything I eat
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    41 pounds since May of this year
  • QueenCat25
    Options
    It IS possible to lose 50lbs by Christmas, but you'd have to be very strict with your diet and workout A LOT.

I lost 60lbs in 6 months when I was 17. I did that by eating under 1500 calories per day and cardio/strength training 60-90 minutes per day. No rest days. I was a machine lol.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    19.5 weeks
    24 plus gone. But the time is really not the issue.....You'll gain so much energy if you eat better and exercise regularly---just persist and take it as it comes!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    19 lbs total since january. But since getting my thyroid under control in july, 15 lbs. I watch what I eat and love healthy food naturally and I love exercise. Don't try too much too fast. Your body might not have the same plan and you don't want disappointment dampening your weight loss journey. And besides losing weight be strong. Strong women are sexy haha. Good luck on your journey.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    25lbs in 5 months and really focused, then I realized that could drop faster and get leaner in half the time using seriously weights! BodyPump, in particular...that was life changing for me.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    49 pounds since the beginning of May 2011.
  • staceyo1211
    Options
    57 pounds in 7 months
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I started Nov. 26th 2010 and have lost 92lbs so far with 63lbs to go! I probably could have lost another 20lbs but i slacked off for almost 2 months, i guess i needed the break! I have been back on track lately but i still have a splurge day here and there, i find that i normally lose 2 lbs a week which is a good number. I will NOT deprive myself of any food period, so with that, I expect to have a surge of ups and down on the scale. I am focused on my ultimate goal and i will succeed! I walk/jog about 5-6 times a week as well. Keep up what your doing and you will see a difference, you just have to be patient with yourself and give yourself a chance. good luck!
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet... but wow... I am so inspired by all of you!