what do you think about when you....

Options
When i exersize all i think and say to myself is results results haha what does evryone else think i have to wonder one of my friends on my swim team said they think about what there gunna eat when they get home, haha:)

Replies

• curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't really think about anything - usually listening to music and zoning out or reading or in an exercise class so listening to the instructor.
  • sommerling
    sommerling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i wish i could lisen to music during swim pratice your just all alone with your thoughts of pain haha
  • siangdurham
    siangdurham Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ha! Oh dear, this is going to make me sound really awful, but I watch TV! I hang an iPad on the curtain rail and watch TV while running on a treadmill. This is the only telly I watch mind you, so that's something at least (I hope). Or if there's nothing on I listen to music, which is far more normal I'm sure!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    I get so amped and motivated that all I think about is going heavier and beat my PR.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    When I run I think about how much I hate running and if I should ever have to run in the course of my job I may just shoot the person instead.
    Other than that-it's all about changing the color of my shirt to a darker color and beasting it out.
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think about how much I hate to exercise and I think about how many more minutes left till the end of my training. I also think about the phrase "if there's no pain, there's no gain" I also think about my future abs lol. When I'm doing workout vids I think about killing the trainer on tv lol. But seriously after exercising when I'm drenched in sweat it's the best feeling :smile:
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    Also, I won't lie, sometimes I just focus on the guys in the gym.
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I think about how great I am going to look by lifting all this heavy weight, and I think about how awesome it feels to be lifting heavy instead of little weenie dumbbells like I used to. I concentrate on each move and try to think about each muscle group as it's working hard to push (or pull) the weight...

During cardio, I think...this freakin' sucks, it's so boring!
  • PBJunkie
    Options

Don't do this on the treadmill though...I once stopped running as I was to occupied checking out a lady walking into the gym, it ended with a faceplant and a severely bruised ego.
  • ejohndrow
    Options

Don't do this on the treadmill though...I once stopped running as I was to occupied checking out a lady walking into the gym, it ended with a faceplant and a severely bruised ego.

That is sad indeed.
  • krissykross
    Options
    I don't think much, I usually just listen to music. Sometimes I think "WTF is my dog doing?" because I'm usually walking her.
  • sommerling
    sommerling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I run I think about how much I hate running and if I should ever have to run in the course of my job I may just shoot the person instead.
    Other than that-it's all about changing the color of my shirt to a darker color and beasting it out.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    How good my *kitten* looks in my workout pants
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    While running: how many calories, what's my hr, how long have I gone, how's my stride, shoulders down, look a the trees and grass and dogs and kids, oh **** that hill is big, "I need a hero (doo-doo-doo-doo-doo)"

While lifting: heavier, can you lift heavier? I must lift heavier, holy **** that bars f*cking heavy, "I need a hero (doo-doo-doo-doo-doo)"

(I love to listen to cheezy music when things get hard)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I focus on the exercises. The workouts I do are very intense usually, and I need to focus on what I am doing and counting reps. No time for anything else. When I still did a lot of cardio, I found I would think of a lot of different things, but no longer.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I'm doing HIIT cardio I'm normally just trying to keep breathing and get through it without losing my breakfast. If I'm lifting weights, I'm totally focussed on that as I love lifting weighs - always have.

I have been doing more low intensity cardio recently though (65 - 75% of my max heart rate stuff) and as I spend a few hours a night writing reports, I've strapped my laptop to my exercise bike and I now write them while I'm working, using dictation software. Not only do I now kill two birds with one stone, but as the reports take a while to write I can stay on the bike for 60 to 70 minutes or more, without even thinking about it..... which is great as I HATE doing low intensity cardio!!
  • JamiroJunior
    Options
    I think about how bad my knees always hurt during that stupid squat section in turbo jam.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've also found that this makes me get on the bike more, too. I write a report most nights, so as I HAVE to do that, I now find myself thinking, "Meh, if I'm going to do this anyway, I may as well do it on the bike."
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I usually download an hour long TV show and watch it, makes the time flyyyy by :)