5 month 5 stone lost update pics

syguy
syguy Posts: 35
edited October 3 in Success Stories
Hi all,

I've been exercising since the beginning of May 2011, I have managed to lose just over 5 stone since and I have just recently completed my first 5k three weeks ago (my third is tomorrow!). I am looking at joining the armed forces if I manage to lose enough weight and get fit enough in time, I guess this is one of my main driving forces, aswell as getting fitter and being a better example to my kids !

Worst weight (october 2010 - about 23 stone on my wedding day)
beforeoct2010.jpg

Progress since May (First pic I had is mid april - last time I let my self be photgraphed!)

6184274447_0a7532fd9d.jpg

I am currently doing an sponsored weight loss and when I hit my target of 15 stone, I will be doing an parachute jump for Help for Heroes. I have setup a blog at http://www.jumpingforheroes.co.uk if anyone wants to check it out (some more pictures on there).

In closing, I hope to get to 16 stone by christmas (I was hoping for 15) but for everyone who is starting out, yes it is hard at times to remain focused but just think of your goals and use them to make you push through and make the right decisions !

Replies

• TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Looking good!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    That is fantastic! Smile in your next update photo!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    You look great!! Awesome job!!! :drinker:
  • Excellent, your done fantastic, look so much healthier, keep up the great work :happy:
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Nice job. I basically have the same path to follow so its nice to see someone comparable making such great progress.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    great job! keep up the good work!
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    that's great inspiration. well done. hope to lose as much as you one day!"
  • Wow that's an amazing achievement. Keep up the good work. You look so much healthier now!!
  • You look great! All you need to do now is smile, lol
  • Lindaj44
    Lindaj44 Posts: 45 Member
    WOW good job. You look amazing!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Excellent progress, well done!! I agree though, you should smile more :)
  • Incredible. Just incredible!!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Amazing!!!!
  • syguy
    syguy Posts: 35
    Thanks for the very kind comments everyone !

I think it's been such a long time since I have enjoyed having my photo taken, it feels uncomfortable to smile and feels really forced !

I think the support from people on here who are fighting the same battle is inspirational and my self confidence is pr
    obably at its highest it has been in the last 10 years !

To the people that have asked about my target weight,I am currently about 17st 6lbs I believe and I have an initial target weight of 15 stone, at this weight I will be doing a parachute jump for help for heroes (raised £520 up to now in agreed donations if i hit my target) but my personal target weight is 14 - 14.5 stone which is about where I will need to be to pass the weight requirements for joining the british army (my ultimate goal).
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Blimey! Welldone on the loss, you look fab!!
  • An inspiration to us all, well done x
  • Great job !
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!