Support for a compulsive 'fresh starter'?!

Options
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get my first post out out of the way and introduce myself.

I'm not really quite sure what to say about myself except that I'm using this site to help regulate my eating patterns. I've had a destructive history with food and extreme weight loss, and since recovery have been swaying into the opposite, like horrible binge cycles, which now have become the norm for me. Almost two years on, and I feel like I'm ready to be responsible for my own actions and weight gain/loss. It's quite a delicate balancing act but I've decided to jump into this site because it seems the most supportive... And rational!

I need to lose the weight I've gained through unhealthy choices and challenge my emotional eating without going back into old habits. Basically I'm trying to learn to remember what food should be! At he very least Myfitnesspal seems like a good choice for monitoring my actions.

Basically I'm after that elusive 'balance' that everybody talks so much about, and making probably my hundredth 'fresh start'! I'm so tired of trying to bounce back and really want this to be a lifestyle change rather than something that gets dropped at the first sign of failure.

Any support is MUCH appreciated, and I promise to give all the support back I can.

x

Replies

• daryna13
    Options
    Hey, I am in the exact boat, and trying for a fresh start this month! =) Also been through the compulsive gain/loss pattern as well, and now I'm just looking for balance and control and some extra pounds off too :P
  • TinpotTragedy
    Options
    I think I just got into this maddening mind frame that the binge or gain would be inevitable and lost hope, but I'm hoping that if I keep trying to aim for some balance it will ease things. You must be doing something right if you've got a 4kg loss though, keep pushing you've obviously shown strength so far!
  • daryna13
    Options
    I haven't been doing very well today, but I'm starting fresh in October, we can definitely do this!