Why should you suffer,sweat and ache to get healthy?

Options
Ok! How many ways can you count why you should have sore muscles,cramps, and pass up the family favorite Italian Cream Cheese Cake......for exercising, loosing weight to see a healthy side??????

:bigsmile:

Replies

• heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    To live a long, healthy life.

Only reason I need.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Because it feels good to be in control!
  • pat2552
    pat2552 Posts: 10
    Options
    It's sad but true that it is so much easier putting the calories in than getting the calories out! I keep telling myself that when I get to where I want to be, it will all have been worth it. You may add me as a friend and I will try and help keep you motivated. We can coach each other.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I sweat and occasionally ache, but I don't suffer. I enjoy it! I get a good endorphin rush afterwards and it makes me happy, something not a lot of things can do!
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    To be able to go for a size 16 to a 8 in 5 months! You can do it!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Because it feels good to be in control!

This! Because I also have almost 0 willpower when it comes to certain baked goods (which will be nameless because if I start thinking about them, I'm going to the store and getting the ingredients to make them)..... so I feel AWESOME having this much control over my cravings!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    A sexy new you!!!
  • goodwille
    Options
    because it helps overcome
  • nickiec85
    nickiec85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am being just a little sarcastic....can't but help laugh at myself!! I WILL NOT QUIT!! I WANT TO FEEL AND LOOK BETTER!!!
  • nickiec85
    Options
    I am being just a little sarcastic....can't but help laugh at myself!! I WILL NOT QUIT!! I WANT TO FEEL AND LOOK BETTER!!!
  • nickiec85
    Options
    Good for you!! You can do this!!!
  • nickiec85
    Options
    That you are right!! I have controlled everything but me!!
  • nickiec85
    Options
    That you are right!! I have controlled everything but me!!
  • nickiec85
    Options
    Looking forward to that sexy part!! Watch Out!!!
  • nickiec85
    Options
    Yes I Can!!! Thanks!!:happy:
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I suffer, sweat and ache being over a hundred pounds overweight....I'd rather don the work to be healthy...40 pounds down now :)
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Ok! How many ways can you count why you should have sore muscles,cramps, and pass up the family favorite Italian Cream Cheese Cake......for exercising, loosing weight to see a healthy side??????

:bigsmile:
    I wouldn't call exercising "suffering". Why WOULDN'T you make an effort to be healthy?
  • allymorin
    Options
    to look and feel beautiful, to have confidence again.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Easy for me to do because I spent two years in a wheelchair due to a combination of obesity and severe arthritis. The dr looked me in the face and said " if you ever want to walk again you need surgery but I can't do it at your weight". So it was lose weight or spend the rest of my life being a monumental burden to my family and friends,and missing out on much of life. It hurts to exercise but I celebrate every time I can do 2.4 miles on the treadmilll. It did take me a year (!) to work up to 2.4 miles at 2.4 mph but I am there. Sadly if you don't exercise, you will slowly lose the ability to move, slowly lose the muscle mass that drives your metabolic rate and causes you to burn calories, slowly lose the flexibility that enables you to co many simple daily tasks like reaching up to brush your hair or bending down to tie your shoes, I saw the sad results of that as an RN in a nursing home. So go for the gold, sister! I hope that inspires you a little. Good luck and good health!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    lyn....You are inspiring!!! Kudos to you for taking back your life!!!! I can only imagine how proud your family is of you!