New to this!

Options
Hey all! I've been on MFP for a couple months now, but this is the first time I've tried to post anything.

I'm making a concerted effort to lose weight, in the interests of an eventual black belt in my martial arts style. I've been logging every day, and have noticed a sizable difference in how my clothes fit. (Hooray!)

However, I've noticed that my weight has actually gone up a little since I last weighed myself. I purchased a scale today, before I would dash to my mom's to use hers.

Any thoughts? And any general advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• JennJayBee
    JennJayBee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. So if your clothes are fitting more loosely, it could be that you're gaining muscle-- which is a good thing. Be sure to keep up with your measurements, and that should give you a better overall picture.
  • daryna13
    Options
    Hey, if you're exercising a lot and not drinking enough that can possibly cause water retention, as can not eating enough fiber. Just drink a lot of water for the next couple days, and see if that's any help?
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm not really focusing exercise as much...I'm going to martial arts at least 2 times a week, which sees to burn quite a bit, and watching what I eat very closely. I usually hover around 1200 to 1400 calories a day, I rarely drink, and I keep the fats pretty low. I tend to go over on my proteins, but chicken is so delicious....

I treat myself on occasion, usually with a popsicle or a dollop of ice cream. I guess I just don't know if I'm doing everything right or not. ><!

With my work schedule, and the imminent onset of winter (Ohio winters are the worst), finding a good time to exercise is very difficult.