help! in need of advice...

Options
so lately i've noticed that i'm really unhappy with myself.. not fishing for compliments or anything here, just wanted to get some input on how you all became more confident with yourselves. i've lost weight but it doesn't really show and i'm starting to hate myself in a lot of ways. does anyone else have this problem??

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Do you have any pictures from when you started losing weight to what you look like now? I didn't like myself because I didn't think I was losing much until I actually compared a picture from last December to a picture I took at the beginning of September. I finally noticed a difference in me.

Hope that helps!!
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yeah i have pictures i could compare.. ive noticed my old jeans that used to be tight are loose on me, and ive gone down a couple of sizes, but i still feel huge on the inside. lately ive noticed my appetite has decreased.. i try to eat regularly, i just can't force down a decent sized meal.. my bf says i eat like a five year old!
  • Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are being real hard on yourself. I think the picture idea is great, plus if your clothes feel better than it should make you feel better. Remember we don't always see the scale move but that does not mean that we are not losing in some way. Focus on what you have acheived so far. Make small goals and celebrate them when you acheive them...you can do this!!!!
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think we all get to a this slightly depressive place in between our heaviest and where we want to be. I might be there now a little. Try changing things up a bit. Try a new exercise program or pick up a new hobby. Try sharing your weight loss story to encourage others. Start a blog or keep posting to these boards.

You may find that helping others turns that ugly feeling inside to a beautiful feeling :flowerforyou:
  • soulpopcorn
    Options
    Sometimes I get those off days, where I wonder, is this really worth it? I tend to think I feel and look like poop!
    But like they said, pictures really are a pick me up. I hope you are taking pictures! :)
    Also, I tend to compare myself with other people way too much, I don't know if you do too. Just remember to be happy for YOUR accomplishments. You're going forward not backwards. It will add up over time....and next month will come. You will be there even stronger. Oh...and don't underestimate the power of a REALLY good night's sleep to give you some ooomph!
  • lindseyb317
    Options
    good night sleep?? whats that?? yay insomnia...
  • soulpopcorn
    Options
    Oh definitely TRY to get some good shut-eye in there. It's one of those things we tend to deny ourselves, but it helps out in all aspects. Do you have bad insomnia? If so maybe a trip to the doctor is in order?
  • lindseyb317
    Options
    its better than it used to be.. ive been to the doctor and she gave me pills to take but im not big on the idea of popping pills every night.. i prefer to stick to alternative/holistic when possible