I sweat like a pig...

Options
OK, I have been working out more and more now that I am getting back into it and wow am I sweating! So my workout consist of 2 1/2 mile run then an hour on the elliptical and then something else like Zumba or Sweatshop or Spinning. Anyway I look like hell when I'm done, I have a puddle of water under wherever I am and I am drenched...is this normal?

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Um, well after ALL THAT... I would imagine its fine!
  • debydeb57
    Options
    wow.. if i was to do all that i would also sweat like a pig.. .

i think its pretty normal honey...

great job on the exercise routine
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I sweat A LOT, and I look washed out by the end of my workout. I wouldn't say that it's abnormal, but be sure to replace your lost electrolytes (with G2 or another electrolyte replacement). I hate it because it's uncomfortable, but I can honestly tell you that I feel cleansed after I sweat it out. Also, the gym is the last place where people will judge you for sweating, so no worries there! Stay hydrated and replace that sodium and other lost electrolytes and you'll be ok. Everyone's sweat production varies. ;)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    ...wait a second - I thought pigs couldn't sweat:wink:
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    totally normal! For me anyway, I always say I sweat like a man!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Oh sorry I forgot to tell you that I am a police officer!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    OK I feel better about it....onto the workouts!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I started sweating just reading how much you work out :p
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Isn't it funny that people say that. Or when they say, "she eats like a bird" when a bird actually eats twice their weight. :laugh:
  • sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    definately! I perspire just getting up in the morning (ha ha) but much more when I work out. that is the body naturally cooling down. Just make sure you get enough water and potassium in you to replace all that you are loosing while working out.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Yes totally normal and that is one hell of a workout. One important thing to remember when you sweat that much is not only do you need to rehydrate but you also need to make sure you replenish your electrolytes. That means more sodium and potassium.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am usually drenched after my workouts, I think it's normal, if you are only sweating a little, you aren't working out hard enough. LoL
  • weddingdayloser
    Options
    Wow all that is so good you must get so busy:) keep goin hun sweat is what makes you work harder and besides you arent supposed to look like you just got off the runway when you're through with a work out. keep on goin!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I sweat terribly as well. When I'm done doing RIPPED or Asylum, my shirt is so drenched I can wring out a puddle of sweat.
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    Gosh you all have motivated me, a total couch potato, and I agree just don't get de hydrated, who cares what is "normal" anyway. Some people sweat more, others have bad breath, others fart more, others have bad skin, I could go on, but sweating a lot isn't the worst thing and I so admire your workouts!