31 day no fast food challenge

Options
I have a severe addiction to fast foods. I sometimes stop w/o even realizing it and I order two sandwiches and eat like a pregnant cow on hormones. I want to do a 31 day october challenge where myself and others will not eat any fast foods for 31 full days! this way it will help to break the bad habit of eating out. I will allow one emergency fast food "lifeline" that can only be used you know.. when no other options are available and food needs to be eaten. Elimination will occur once that "lifeline" has been used and fast food has been eaten more than once. Just seeing if anyone wants to join in or support b/c either way with others or solo this needs to be done and my eating habits must change!

Replies

• LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous -- because fast food is like a crutch to me -- but I so want to break this cycle! I will try it with you! Maybe knowing I have one "free pass" to use in an emergency will help.

So ... fast food free starting tomorrow! :o)

Peace,
    Loree
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I am soooo with you. I want to punch Mr. Burger King in the nose! I'm there!
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i did that for the month of september! It seems really hard but you can do it! just tell yourself that on november 1st you can have a hamburger! thats what i did and I'm excited for burger king tomorrow! it was totally worth it!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I'm doing a challenge with other people this month (October) just like this! Feel free to add me.
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm so nervous b/c I know that I am going to go through withdrawals but in order for me to lose some weight and save some money I need to stop eating fast foods all of the time! thanks for the encouragement and those who want to join me send a request and let's do it!
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    bump
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I really need to stop consuming maccas on a weekly basis, i usually grab it with the bf as an easy option as breaky before uni starts. Whilst also trying to cut my spending i think this is what i need!
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You should watch that movie Super Size Me & maybe you will be grossed out enough that you will be able to easily stop eating fast food. It really is pretty yucky when you think about it..
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    I just watched that film and I still went to MC Donalds ugh
  • pleasehealthme
    Options
    I can try! Coming from the girl that ate chick-fil-a for dinner. >< but I did opt for the grilled rather than fried...I guess it still wouldn't count though.
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    Anyone interested add me as a friend and follow the blog I started and post to it
  • tefii
    tefii Posts: 31
    Options
    I want in! Do coffee places like starbucks count as fast food?
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am absolueltly in! Thirty one days of no fast food. Great idea.
    just to be clear. What places beside McD, and the BK will count? How about bagel place?
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Count me in! This will be my first challenge so please tell me what I am responsible to do. Do I just log in every day and tell you if I went or not? or... Do I only speak up if I eat out? Does this mean I can go to a sit down restaurant but not McD's or BK type places? Thanks! Great idea! :)
  • LolaVaantz
    LolaVaantz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OOh I'm in IF I can still get my sugar free soy latte....that isn't a cheeseburger!

Also, are we saying NO eating out at all? I like to go sit down with my hubby and we do have work functions...

We can beat the fast food cravings!!!! And save the money to buy something really fantastic at the end! :bigsmile:
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in. I need to get away from fast food.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Even better than watching "Super-size Me" would be to get a job at one of the fast-pseudo-food places. After a week, you will never eat it again! PROMISE!!! Some of the stuff that goes on in the back of the house, the part you cannot see from the counter can get pretty bad.