Running my first ever 5k tomorrow...any tips??

Options
Running first ever 5k tomorrow. Did couch to 5k training (starting at week 5). My hubby is running with me and he runs marathons so hopefully he'll be a help..but any suggestions or encouragement would be great! :)

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Number on your front, start at the back of the pack. Have fun!
  • unorthographic
    Options
    Wooo! and congrats! I ran my first last week, and it was pretty great.
    My only advice is to enjoy it. and slow down if you try to drink water, because most of mine went up my nose. LOL
  • Foxzy
    Foxzy Posts: 38
    Options
    When the race starts, it will be a fast start. Just run at your pace because you will want to go faster. Enjoy the views and have fun!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Pace!!! I went out full speed in my first race (5mi) was a horrible finish.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Number on your front, start at the back of the pack. Have fun!

Way easier to set your own pace (as others suggest) if you follow the advice above :)
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Broken record time...start in the back and definitely concentrate on your pace. I found having carefully selected songs on my iPod helped me control my pace during my first 5K. Good luck and have fun!
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Don't have much to advise, but just wanted to say I'm running my first 5K tomorrow, too. Good luck to you!
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yes, like the others say, start SLOW. You'll want to go fast, but then you'll run out of steam by the end if you follow others' paces.
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first one too tomorrow! Good luck to you!