Interval Training Help needed

Options
Does anyone have any good interval training that does not involve equipment. I tried walking for 30 seconds and then running for 1 minute for 15 minutes at my school gym using the treadmill and was told that i would have to pay if i spoiled their equipment.

Replies

• bidwhist
    bidwhist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Burpees, mountain climbing
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Look into isometric exercises. There are a ton of things you can do w/o equipment.

Get a jump rope. That's a real good one
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    if your school has a gym..

run up the stairs, run down the stairs, for about 1-2 mins, take a slow lap around the gym. repeat.
  • wildman51
    Options
    Yea... Burpies, Manmakers, bodybuilders (look up crossfit or sealfit) , squats using a tabata timer are great too. You dont need ANY gear for a great workout... Hit it hard !
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    There's always the couch to 5k program that requires no equipment at all except a good pair of running shoes.
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Teach4Hisglory Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There are dozens and dozens of exercises that require little or no equipment. (Think old school: sit ups, push ups, plank, jumping jacks, etc.) I know it's equipment... but if you have an iPod, you have an endless array of free apps available to get you going. They have great timers to do intervals (hiit, tabata, running/walking, etc.). You'll see lots of people using the C25K program. If you download the app, it will chime when your intervals change and give you good motivation. If you don't have an iPod, you can print out the program and use any stopwatch to time your intervals (or measure distances) as you run/walk. Who needs equipment? :o)
  • IrishCloud
    Options
    Yea... Burpies, Manmakers, bodybuilders (look up crossfit or sealfit) , squats using a tabata timer are great too. You dont need ANY gear for a great workout... Hit it hard !
    very true sir
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Exercises you can do intervals with:

Burpees
    Mountain Climbers and Ballistic Mountain Climbers
    Squat Thrusts
    Jumping Jacks
    Running Stairs
    Body Weight Squats
    Alternating Lunges
    Quad Squats

There are probably more, but these all work. You should be able to find examples of them on Youtube.

I have a bunch of Body Weight Cardio workouts that I have done in the past 6-9 months on my blog here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rileysowner Most require no equipment, although not all.
  • jett0206
    Options
    Thank you all, this really helps