Fur babies!

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
I know this thread has been done before, but I want to do it a little differently. Post a picture of any fur babies you have, you choose which one; ones that are with us and ones that have passed on. Write a little something about your fur baby, whether it's why they're awesome, what their name is, how old they are, or what makes them interesting. Tell me why you love your fur baby :)

This is my little girl, Kimber, aka Kimmy. She's half Yorkie, half Chihuahua (Chorkie.) We (my SO and I) got her back in November from my neighbor at the time. It was the first time I had ever actually paid for a dog, but she was so little and cute we knew we had to have her! She's almost a year old now. She's a big furry ball of awesome. She has long hair but NEVER sheds (how lucky is that?!) and she has a little pink stuffed puppy that she carries around everywhere. She HAS to bring it with her to bed to be able to sleep, and she kneads it like a cat! :laugh: If we leave the house without her for even 10 minutes, she attacks us with kisses when we get back like we've been gone for days! She's the cutest little thing, and for the most part well behaved. And when she isn't well behaved, she tattles on herself. She'll come running in with her ears back, wagging her tail and trying to lick us :laugh: Here's two pics:

kimmy2.jpg

kimmy1.jpg

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I dont have pics on my work computer but I have two min pins and I used to have a red nose pit bull she was awsome Ill give more details later. I will post pics later today
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    So cute!
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    I am the proud mommy to my American Pit Bull Terrier Edin. She's almost 4. I found her on petfinder.com when she was 3 months old and when i saw her picture, i knew i had to have her. She helped me survive living in Hippy Hell. If it hadn't been for my baby girl, I know i would have left my hubby in NorCal and gone home to WA because i was absolutely depressed living there. I don't know what i would have done without her. She's the best at cuddling and knowing when i need a little lovin. She goes crazy when i get home from work. She's totally obsessed wit soda pop bottles. She's a crazy cooky part of my life and i couldn't see it any other way.

DSC_0093-1-1.jpg
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    6199093918_2d13ac1311.jpg
    This is my Baby Boy Sarge. He is a 4.5 yo Rescued Weimaraner. He's one of the only things that keeps me going when vet school gets tough. Late at night when I am studying he will come and lay his head in my lap to remind me I can do it!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Oh she is cute, I almost bought a Chorkie when I bought my fur baby!!
    This is my girl, please excuse the costume, she is going trick or treating with my niece - who insisted she be dressed up as a witch too, and it is the only photo I have accessible at work, I don't normally dress her up I swear!

This is Princess, she is a 1 and a half year old "pocket" Chihuahua, that really does fit in my purse - I found this out one day when I lost her and she was curled up inside it. She weighs about 2 pounds. She will not ever walk in the mud, and if the grass is wet tr ying to get her to go into it is hilarious.

6198572671_e80990a08f.jpg
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I am the proud mommy to my American Pit Bull Terrier Edin. She's almost 4. I found her on petfinder.com when she was 3 months old and when i saw her picture, i knew i had to have her. She helped me survive living in Hippy Hell. If it hadn't been for my baby girl, I know i would have left my hubby in NorCal and gone home to WA because i was absolutely depressed living there. I don't know what i would have done without her. She's the best at cuddling and knowing when i need a little lovin. She goes crazy when i get home from work. She's totally obsessed wit soda pop bottles. She's a crazy cooky part of my life and i couldn't see it any other way.

DSC_0093-1-1.jpg

Love it. This one's been making the rounds recently.

292047_2431430703435_1181647004_2919052_1024756259_n.jpg

I don't have pictures of pets at work, but we have 4 kitties... err TWO! Our landlord knows about two so we only have two!

p.s. Can't wait until we can have a dog too. Prefer big breeds.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options

Love it. This one's been making the rounds recently.

292047_2431430703435_1181647004_2919052_1024756259_n.jpg

I don't have pictures of pets at work, but we have 4 kitties... err TWO! Our landlord knows about two so we only have two!

Yah, I have that one on my FB also. I stole the quote from another pic wit a pitty I saw posted on a friends page and applied it to my pic of my girl, then posted it on my FB and MFP, lol.
  • elfie9863
    Options
    <---- This!!!!:heart:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

I do too! But I love my little Kimmy as well. She's fun. We got her because our only choice where we live is a small one, since we have a bigger one already. The other one is half Dalmatian, half pointer. She's so fat, but she's losing weight, too.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

DSC_0093-1-1.jpg

I love your profile poster. We had a Pit mix...her mom was a purebread & dad was a ???. She was the most fantastic dog...gentle, sweet & loving. She wouldn't even put her teeth on you when you fed her. She'd nudge your hand to make it fall on the floor or lick the food off. She was wonderful with my kids too. We had to put her down a couple of summers ago & I still miss her something fierce. Your Pit sounds like an awesome friend!!! :)
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    these pictures of Toby were taken a while ago and all i have access to of him at the moment. he is a 7 yr old chihuahua/toy poodle mix and he is my baby. i love him and he loves to act like a parrot and sit on my shoulder. he is always happy to see me and comes running to me as soon as he sees me. he hares the rain, but it is so funny watching him kinda kangaroo hop through the grass when it is tall or wet.

01-21-07_2037.jpg
    File0000049.jpg
  • emd0019
    Options
    I know little dogs are fun, but don't you ever just want a big dog to wrestle around with?
    I think I am just a big dog kind of person.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I know little dogs are fun, but don't you ever just want a big dog to wrestle around with?
    I think I am just a big dog kind of person.

i love my little dog and we do wrestle.... not like you would with a big dog. i used to have a purebread australian shephard but i prefered my toby over her.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options
    I would love to have a big dog, unfortunatly at this time I am only allowed a tiny dog as my landlord is not too crazy about having big dogs in her house. My mom and step-dad have a blood hound and a husky mix, so when I want to wrestle with a big dog, I go visit them lol
  • emd0019
    Options
    I guess I've never had a little pet that has brought me any joy:ohwell: ... Plus every dog under 20 lbs that comes into the vet clinic always seems to have a Napoleon complex and a really bad attitude:grumble: . I know that is generalizing but it is just my experience.
    I just love bigger animals I guess because when it comes down to it I love my dog and my horse. I just like the feeling of being able to lay my head down on my dogs belly and not crush him.
    But to each their own. I know plenty of friends that have small dogs, I'm just not one of you all...:flowerforyou:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options
    I guess I've never had a little pet that has brought me any joy:ohwell: ... Plus every dog under 20 lbs that comes into the vet clinic always seems to have a Napoleon complex and a really bad attitude:grumble: . I know that is generalizing but it is just my experience.
    I just love bigger animals I guess because when it comes down to it I love my dog and my horse. I just like the feeling of being able to lay my head down on my dogs belly and not crush him.
    But to each their own. I know plenty of friends that have small dogs, I'm just not one of you all...:flowerforyou:

I used to think that too.. and then I met Princess, she is the kindest little dog I have met - which is why I bought her. She loves little kids, she does get upset around bigger dogs, and new humans until she realizes that they aren't going to hurt her (unless you are my brother - and then forget it she hates him).
  • HunniBunniLisy
    HunniBunniLisy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here are my beautiful babies - Prince and Amy!

AmyPrince4reallycompressedandcropped.jpg

Love all the other pictures - so adorable!

4940731_5188_thumb.jpg
  • HunniBunniLisy
    HunniBunniLisy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LOL! I need to learn how to resize photos obviously!

The last picture is actually X 2 :-)
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ohh, I love your babies Sunshine they are adorable!