best HRM?

Options
Can you guys recommend a good, and not TOOOO pricey HRM?

Also, how does it accurately calculate your calories burned? (sorry that's probably a silly question, but not sure I understand how that works..)

Replies

• heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    So relevant to my interests hahaha

bump
  • lmmbjb
    lmmbjb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a timex ironman. I've had it for yrs and used it often (though not enough lately). It's a chest strap watch and it runs @ 65.00. You input your information (weight, age, sex, etc.) and it calculates from that and your hr. and time spent.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I have a timex ironman. I've had it for yrs and used it often (though not enough lately). It's a chest strap watch and it runs @ 65.00

i also have a timex, the fitness hrm. bought it off amazon for about $65 too. a lot of ppl here will recommend polar, which is also very good and probably the next step up from a timex one.

you do not need a garmin hrm with gps or anything like that right now. get either the polar or timex one, they are both pretty accurate, but remember, its not perfect.
  • BestOne219
    BestOne219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just bought the Polar FT7 and used it tonight at gym. It was wonderful. It told me how long I was in the fat burn and cardio range. Kept track of my calories burned. It worked with watch and the ellipitcal machine used. Cost me 99.00. I consider it an investment in me.