second day

Options
Hi fellow fitness pals I started this yesterday , my doctor suggested this to me any suggestions on how to have success

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Truly eat healthy, truly exercise and don't give up.
    Welcome aboard.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I stay encouraged by reading the forum success stories and talking daily to MFP family on the new feed. :smile: Congrats on joining, you will luv this site.
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    welcome..this is a great site...lots of encouragement and inspiration....track your food and drink your water...exercise if you can...start slow...feel free to add me...we're here to support each other...:smile:
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am by no means an expert, however, I have been using MFP for almost 2 months & have lost 22#. I weigh & measure everything that goes in my mouth. I stopped drinking soda & drink a lot of water. I exercise in some way every day & I log everything faithfully. It keeps me accountable. If you are committed you will be successful. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. Good luck!
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For me, I had to be honest with myself. I've been the past 3 years making every excuse in the book as to why the diets weren't working. When in reality, the reason they weren't working was the fact that I wasn't sticking to it. Don't get me wrong, I've only got 2 weeks under my belt, but so far I have been eating healthy foods, drinking water, and exercising 5 days a week and so far I've lost 5 lbs. It does work, it's a matter of burn more than you consume.
  • happymayda
    Options
    im only on here cuz my PE teacher in high school told us to have it...anyways...but i also like going on here cuz people r fun 2 talk 2...hehe...yup ..oh im Mayda...my name is pronounced my-duh just FYI
  • srazzack
    Options
    It is also my second day... I feel much more accountable. I hope it works. I have lost weight before. 5 years ago I weighed 193 pounds. Two years before that, I was 150 pounds. Eating soups, drinking caffeine and cardio exercise 3-4 hours a day dropped me to 143 pounds. That was very unhealthy!

Then one year later, I decided to become a couch potato eating ice cream boxes daily... and I ended up weighing 186. Now, I am trying to get back into shape, the healthy way...

They saying losing weight is math... My biochemistry background tells me otherwise. It can be like math under ideal conditions where one is managing stress well and preventing other factors of weight gain.