Need a kick in the butt

Options
I've heard of friends having success here, so thought I'd try it out. I've been going to TOPS for many, many years and I need to be more dedicated. Any help would be more than welcome.

Replies

• paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place. My one little tip would be to log everything, every day, no matter what. Good luck with this extension to your weight-loss journey :smile:
  • jpriantj
    jpriantj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hear you, and that's what I felt I needed when I started MFP 47 days ago.
    After reading the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst, I realized that I was made for more than living a vicious cycle of fall down, get up, fall down get up, but that I was made for victory and I have given myself permission to seek that end. I learned that it isn't about giving up anything, but it is about embracing something new, a healthier lifestyle that puts me on a road of feeling better and better about myself. Hope this is the kick you need.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Admitted former TOPS member and one time TOPS Leader here. I really like MFP, real time logging, easy to track and examine your progress and see where adjustments can be made. No pledges recited, no meeting minutes to read, no fines to pay, or charms given here, but lots of great friends for support!! :bigsmile:
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    welcome...we're all here for the same reason...feel free to add me...we're in this weight loss journey together...:happy:
  • bestinclass50
    bestinclass50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hello everybody,

my name is Doris and i am new to the community too and decided to give the support thing a try because i keep hearing how it helps to have support when you're trying to loose weight. so i will check in regularly. thanks for being there!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    WELCOME!

May your journey will be one of the future
    Success Stories we'll read about-
    Check out so many- and be encouraged/inspired!

And having friends to cheer you on sure helps TOO!

It *may* seem tedious to keep track of EVERYTHING you put in your mouth,
    but it really helps-

I was SHOCKED/APPALLED by what I consuming mindlessly-
    and the first week was quite an education.

Just take it one day at a time, and don't give up.
    When you falter ( and WE ALL DO), just remember
    each day is a new slate ( or should I say "plate?" haha)
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    lets to this !! :)
  • independent64
    independent64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sounds good...I might have to get that book...
  • independent64
    independent64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thx for your suggestions
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place. My one little tip would be to log everything, every day, no matter what. Good luck with this extension to your weight-loss journey :smile:

Welcome to MFP, I totally agree log everything you eat so you can see where you are going wrong and can improve too. If you have a smart phone like iPhone the download the MFP app it is very useful and you have your diary everywhere you go so no excuses for forgetting things lol

good luck on your weight loss journey