Missed Meals But I Am Now Hungry!

Options
I know, I know, I should never ever ever miss any meals, that fact extenuated since I don't have many calories to take. However, today wasn't the best/easiest of days, I missed both lunch and dinner, and I am now super hungry! I look in my pantry and fridge, and all I see are carbs and some proteins. It's already 10, and I probably should get to bed and just replenish my calories tomorrow. But, I have a 5k walk tomorrow, and maybe I should go ahead and eat a small meal. What do you all suggest?

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There is no way I can sleep hungry. I say eat something! You have the room to eat and a big workout tomorrow.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    YES, eat! If your hungry and you skipped meals.. and again you are hungry then eat!

It's not like you are hungry because you had 6 meals that day. It's calories in, calories out.. I don't believe it maters what time it is.

Don't suffer, eat something.. maybe a 1/2 peanut butter sandwich.. hmmm I ate too much today and now I want to eat.. but I'm not hungry so I won't!
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    if you are hungry then eat...its not good to starve yourself...

do you have some whole wheat bread and peanut butter? make yourself a sandwich...

do you have some lunch meat, some lettuce or turkey and some other raw vegies? make a wrap...add a little mustard for some taste...you can add a little low fat cheese too if you like...
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat. Don't Carb load tonight though. I would try to fill up more on protein and add some carbs on the side. Don't go over your goal, but don't push yourself to eat the least you can and still go to bed. The rule of just enough should definitely be in effect.
  • valex0803
    valex0803 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Id Def say eat. Not gonna hurt you at all. You have a 5k tomorrow!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Eat
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    YOU TOTALLY NEED TO EAT...especially if you have a big walk ahead of you tomorrow..otherwise you will totally be weak..and that's not good at all...carb up!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Eat, you'll sleep better and have a more stable blood sugar.
  • gladjar
    gladjar Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I looked through my cupboard and I found some apple sauce and some whole wheat flat bread and some peanut butter. I might just eat it with turkey since I am slightly allergic to peanut butter. However, thanks for all the help! I'm usually scared that eating carbs after 7 would make you fat or retain sugar. I'll be sure to eat proportionally and healthily.
  • gracibelle
    Options
    I sleep better hungry! It makes me feel tiny in my big bed :)