Starbucks

Options
What is a good low cal drink to get at starbucks I love that place!!!!!!!

Replies

• bhagavatilad1
    Options
    chai in other words tea
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I usually get a chocolate vivano smoothie..not too low cal, but the protein and other nutrients make it a decent meal replacement, or post-workout shake.

I really don't do coffee, but I'd bet anything plain with no crazy caramel, whip cream, etc would be decent. Same with tea or wahtever else they do.

Coffee is actually pretty good for you, til you start juicin it up.
  • arispawild
    Options
    PSssssst. If you have them make the vivanno sans banana, it is under 200.
  • cweenie08
    cweenie08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    go for the tea! just avoid those tea latte things that they have.

but their black iced tea is delicious, and you can sweeten it with a little splenda and some lemon. i believe it's 0 calories too. and hot tea is a great option. green tea is a great cleanser and it makes you feel great.

if you really need something sweet, try getting a black coffee, add some cinnamon and splenda and it's like their mixed drinks but only about 10 calories. need milk? ask them to pour you a black coffee and then ask to pour your own skim milk so you can control the potion size.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    An Americano is barely any calories at all if you don't put cream in it -- it's just basically espresso and water. A misto is good too -- half coffee, half steamed milk. If you get a misto with soy milk, it makes it a little sweeter. For just a little more calories there's always a simple tall skim latte.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I rarely go there anymore...but I do, I have them add soy milk and sugar-free syrup.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Good ole fashion coffee! Even coffee with milk is less than 100 calories. A cafe misto is their steamed milk with coffee. Tastes close to a latte for a lot less money and calories. Definitely check out Starbucks' website, as they list all the details.

Their iceed teas are very low, also.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    non fat, no foam lattee (no foam, no froth, no bubbles). When you place your order tell them to let the milk sit for 45 seconds before they pour. Then tell them to scrape the top. Then tell them to scrape it again. Yeah they hate me.
  • marisol_cd
    Options
    Passion Fruit Iced tea!! Its yummy :)
  • weddingdayloser
    Options
    thanks I think im prepared for the next time I go now I love that place ut I always drank like their double chocolate chip stuff so thanks for the lower cal ideas!:smile:
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If I'm in need of a little treat, I usually go for a tall skinny vanilla latte. 90 cals and oh so yummy.
    Plus, the best thing about Starbucks is you can customize ANYTHING. So you can get drinks with soy or nonfat milk instead of full fat or some of their syrups are available in sugar-free. The starbucks website has all the nutrition info if you want too.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I get an: Iced Grande Nonfat No-Whip Mocha (170 calories) but I totally budget my day around this, and make up for it in other areas :-D My Mocha plus 1 cup of multi-grain Cheerios (110 calories) for breakfast!! :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I love the iced tea (black or green are my faves) with a couple splendas. Maybe twice a month I'll splurge and have a coffee drink, usually a grande soy latte with 2 splendas, or else sugar free syrup. I've thought about switching to an Americano, maybe I'll give that a go next time! It would be cheaper than a latte too!

Also, a tall sized Light Frappuccino isn't bad. I think it automatically comes no whip so you don't even need to specify.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Skinny cinnamon dolce latte! They are delicious and holiday-y. A tall is 90 calories.
  • hanky1
    hanky1 Posts: 39
    Options
    not sure if this is helpful..?

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition

nutrition content for all their drinks. personally i love their small caramel light frappuccino!
  • chchchangess
    Options
    black coffee with a pump of one of their sugar-free syrups. :) I get it all the time and it always tastes so much sweeter than you'd imagine for the calories.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    What is a good low cal drink to get at starbucks I love that place!!!!!!!

water!

what? they offer it at Starbucks
    ok well I don't care for it personally but my friends always get no sugar, carmel light frap, no whip. I think it's 200 or less for the small size
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My go-to is non fat latte and I add cinnamon instead of sugar.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Skinny caramel latte...grande is 140 cals.