Totally Random

Options
Just out of curiosity, do you guys prefer to work out in the morning before work/school, lunch break, or in the evening after work/school. I personally work out in the mornings because I'm extremely lazy when I get off of work and I prefer to just do it in the mornings before I go to work to get it over with. That way when I get home I can just relax :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I prefer the morning because if I wait too late, I might not workout, so for me the earlier I get it in the better.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    In the afternoons. I t is a release of all the tension built up during the work day. I am much more relaxed when I get home in the evening.
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I find if I don't work out in the morning then it just isn't going to happen that day. It is too easy to talk myself out of it later in the day.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I prefer mornings but I take afternoons. When I wake up at 5a I don't have the energy, but by 6 I can be ready to go but my kiddo will be waking up soon. I'll do morning classes at the gym, jogging a few days a week in the morning and then my cardio during nap time.
  • lissavlog
    Options
    i get my exercise later...after work & dinner. i find it helps relieve the stress of my work day. i've also noticed that i sleep better at night when i exercise in the evening.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I exercise first thing in the morning most days. I'm home with my kids, so I need to get my work-out in before the day starts. Two days a week I purposely save my work-outs for the evening as my husband brings the kids shopping. So I guess it depends, but different schedules work for different people.

Good Luck on figuring it out!
  • Ksnoddy87
    Ksnoddy87 Posts: 121
    Options
    In the afternoons. I t is a release of all the tension built up during the work day. I am much more relaxed when I get home in the evening.

I used to work out in the afternoons...It really did help me release any tension I had through out the day at work. But since my schedule has changed 12:30pm-9:00pm I have to do it the mornings...no way I will do it that late. I'm setting myself up for failure, lol!
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    i get my exercise later...after work & dinner. i find it helps relieve the stress of my work day. i've also noticed that i sleep better at night when i exercise in the evening.

That is very true!! Sleep is much better after working out. I find if I'm working out in the mornings I have so much energy through out the day that when I get home I'm just wired, lol! I've been suffering with a case of insomnia for the last few nights since I"ve started working out in the mornings, lol!
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    I prefer the morning because if I wait too late, I might not workout, so for me the earlier I get it in the better.

I agree!
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    I find if I don't work out in the morning then it just isn't going to happen that day. It is too easy to talk myself out of it later in the day.

LOL! I know right?! lol!
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mornings are good for me, only because it helps me get my day going...however if I'm tired and can't sleep I take a nice little run and that puts me to bed quickly, so it depends on what kind of day it is..
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I prefer an early morning workout. . but with my daughters school schedule. . I tend to get my workout in, in the evenings. . .
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Early mornings when the kids are still asleep! Its really hard to do an ab workout with my son sitting on my stomach... although it's kind of fun to do squats with him on my back!