Night eating

Options
Night eating ugh! i work afternoons. I do eat healthy during the day. Then I come home from work famished! This is devastating my healthy eating.Any thoughts?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    plan it out so you have a couple hundred calories left over at night that you can eat.
  • etromb50
    Options
    Thanks good idea
  • emeh
    emeh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    also plan what to eat - nuts and dried cranberries with a drink of water takes the edge off my twilight need to nibble, also dring some water last thing before you leave work
  • meredithd13
    Options
    try having a healthy snack just before you leave work (ie: some low fat cottage cheese on a ryvita - do you have those in the States? they are low callorie rye crackers, and around 35 calories each). that should take the edge off so you're not starving when you get home.

then, once home, have some carrots or celery already chopped up to snack on while you prep dinner.

i always find if i'm starving it helps to get out of the house and go for a walk for a half hour. takes my mind off the food and gets some exercise in at the same time.

and drink peppermint tea! have some low fat greek yoghurt with some cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla essence (and honey if you have a craving for something sweet, but only a teaspoon or so!).

good luck!
  • etromb50
    Options
    Great ideas. The yogurt with honey and nuts is so divine I almost felt guilt eating eat it!