Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    god i could never do that diet, but hey, im still fat lol
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic but I do want to say that though your list is good I would like to add that there are so many Low Fat Cooking books out there that you don't have to eat just "dull diet food"....Just off the top of my head, we're doing America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook:

http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Kitchen-Healthy-Family-Cookbook/dp/1933615567

I mean you can do dinners in there for about 350 cals or 400....and they're totally tasty, but there's so many others out there. An MFP friend is doing A Taste Of Home magazine and cookbook and then there's all the Cooking Light recipes. Taste need not be sacrificed for low cals anymore.... :)
  • arussell53
    arussell53 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know that food looks very "blecky" to everyone, but honestly, once you re-train your body to eat like that, it is much easier. We are so used to super fat, ultra salty high sugar foods, that the idea of *not* eating those scares the crap out of us.

I think I should mention that it was never intended to be a diet plan - that is just the food we naturally gravitated to. I am just documenting what we ate. We never really made a list of foods we could or couldn't have.

We did "fail" usually once a week or so. But we always gravitated back to those foods.

This sort of "diet" I listed is completely unattainable if you try to jump into it. We GRADUALLY started eating like this. There is no person I know that could just start eating like this (myself included). It's something that yo have to ease into.

Yeallift is absolutely right. Don't limit yourself to those foods, you will cry into your pillow every night if you try to. I should have been more specific about *how* we did it.

For example, A basic meal for us might have been, half a chicken breast each (broiled) plain millet, black-beans and corn. We might have started of with one chicken breast each, some millet, black beans and corn and half of an Amy's Cheese enchilada each. Then after time stopped eating the enchilada.

We basically used a technique of "watering down" our foods with bland foods and then slowly cut out the "rich" foods.

And even doing that, ultimately, when faced with massive temptation, I went off the food and never went back - HOWEVER - we did learn a lot about our bodies, our calories, foods and changed our eating habits when we ate like that, and that knowledge has helped me keep off the weight for over 2 years now.

Good luck to you all!
  • arussell53
    Options
    STEP 1:

Should be not eating out. Once you master that step, then you can move on. But not eating out should be your very first step.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    congrats!! You look like a completely different man. Has your wife had the same success?
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    STEP 1:

Should be not eating out. Once you master that step, then you can move on. But not eating out should be your very first step.

I totally agree with this. It's so much easier to eat healthily when you prepare your own meals, and I know that I feel better when I eat at home, as well (not to mention the saved $$). I've also noticed that the weeks when I've gone overboard with eating out are the weeks that the scale has stalled.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job. I kinda like the food you've listed, but not eating out isn't an option for me. I've given up fast food and drive thrus, but not my social life. If we go out I just research what to eat before we go.
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job! you look fantastic :)
  • wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job. Your pics are definitely worth bragging about you look like a whole new person. Excellent
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Great Job! Congrats!

Eating out is okay -it is just difficult to find the healthier items on the menu. It is also difficult to have the dicipline to order the heathier items than giving in to your cravings of wanting the unhealthier items on the menu. :P
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    Excellent work, well done. Bumping for your diet plan :smile:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Eating is only half the battle... would be curious to hear about your workout regimen as well. Exercise is vital to combat that hidden visceral fat that surrounds organs. It is important to realize that you can lose weight, eat healthy, and still be in poor health without exercise. I'm sure you feel the same way. Can you share how you exercise so we can get the full picture? Great job on making food changes and healthier lifestyle choices!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great transformation!!!:smile:
  • arussell53
    Options
    Sorry, just came back...

In regards to exercise - There was none. Exercise makes me *Very* hungry and is completely counter productive for me. -If I exercise, I gorge on food.

For me, losing weight, *then* exercising is a much better plan. Again, this may just be something that applies only to me or a select few; YMMV.

If I ride my bike 30 miles (which I do on occasion now that I am slimmer) then I will eat a ridiculous amount of calories. I have 0 control over my appetite.

If I don't exercise, then I can really control what goes in my mouth better. =)
  • SlenderNow
    Options
    Congrats on both the major weight loss and the great job maintaining. I know you added a few pounds back, but it could so easily have been so many more... maintenance is the hard part (and I say that as someone who previously lost and then regained 100 pounds).

I'm interested in the millet on your list. I've heard some good things about it, but have never tried it. Can you describe it and tell me how you fix it?
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!