OCTOBER Calorie Burn Challenge!!

Options
October is almost here!! Are YOU on track for where you want to be with your weight by the holidays? I know I'm NOT!!

I'm going to start a new type of challenge for October. Rather than dictate to you what exercise challenges you need to do each day (which get a little too repetitive for me), we are going to set calories burned goals, and YOU can choose whatever exercises you like to do in order to burn those calories OFF!

Please only commit to this challenge if you have the time and energy to work HARD at exercising everyday. If you do not normally log your food or your water everyday on the MFP website - then this challenge might NOT be the one for you.

EXPLAINING THE CHALLENGE.....

You can do any type of exercising you choose, and then simply add up the calories burned (daily). All we are going to report are the total calories burned each day, weather you are under your calorie goal and drink 8+ glasses of water each day. Typically we need a "rest" day each week, and you can make whatever day you prefer to be your "rest" day. Also, Sundays will be our weigh-in and measurements day.

We will enter our weight loss each Sunday, but we will also be taking our measurements and using that as well for points. We will measure in 4 areas - upper arm (bicep), chest, waist, and thigh. Remember that for arms and thighs, you need to measure BOTH arms/legs, or measure one and double the number. DON'T WORRY! You don't have to post that number - just post the inches lost. You will receive 1 (one) point for each inch that is lost and 1 (one) point for each pound that is lost (weekly).

Week #1 will require a minimum of 2000 calories burned
Week #2 will require a minimum of 2500 calories burned.
Week #3 will require a minimum of 3000 calories burned.
Week #4 will require a minimum of 3500 calories burned.

and this will continue to go UP in November!!

THE POINT SYSTEM .......

The point system will be based on every 1000 calories burned.

In other words, 1000 calories burned = 1 point
2000 calories burned = 2 points
3000 calories burned = 3 points
etc. etc. etc.

(Don't worry! You don't have to do any tough calculating - the formulas are built into the Google Doc that we are going to be using!!)

GOOGLE DOCS.......

The spreadsheet for everyone to keep track of their own progress (including points, weight, and inches lost) will be on Google Docs. Google Docs is a shared spreadsheet that is out on the internet that everyone on the team can go to, view, and post to!

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT IN THIS CONTEST YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO LOG YOUR OWN POINTS AND WEIGHT AND INCHES LOST.

You can take a look at the spreadsheet on google docs here..... but please do not write in any of the colored areas (formulas).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGV0QkxhdVA3SEFmTGlaajR4MkN5V0E&hl=en_US

THE WINNER......

The winner each week gets to determine what the personal challenge will be for the following week.

If you are interested in being in this challenge, please let me know!! You can post here if you have any questions, or send me a private message.

I'm looking forward to LOSING in October!!

Replies

• cath1717
    Options
    I'm SO in!!! :bigsmile:
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I N
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Amazing idea!!!! (i'm so funny!) :flowerforyou: :drinker:

This is a challenge that I can manage to stick with!!! I fell off the grid with the September Challenge due to the set exercises... but with a burn I can do that!!!!

I hope that you'll have me back... :blushing:
  • caza6464
    Options
    Yes iam in, i have been waiting to start a new challenge, i want to lose a stone fror Christmas so this a good start, do i put my own name in google docs, i found it, thanx Caroline
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    @carrriebear... of course I'll have you on the team! It's been very hard for me to do the "set" challenges too... that's why I want try one this way instead!

@caza, yes, put your name on the doc yourself. Let me know if you have any problems, oh, and I love the new picure!! I can see your face!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am in. Always looking for motivation.
  • virginiagirl93
    virginiagirl93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in....this is my first challenge, so I'm excited! And for the calories burned, you have to burn at least 2000 calories in the first week right?? Not just in like one day? I'm trying to understand this so I can participate.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I'm in....this is my first challenge, so I'm excited! And for the calories burned, you have to burn at least 2000 calories in the first week right?? Not just in like one day? I'm trying to understand this so I can participate.

Yes, that's in the first week.... each week it goes up.... but you have 6 days to spread that out... LOL...
  • virginiagirl93
    virginiagirl93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks :) I'll make sure to measure and weigh tomorrow morning and write down what it is so I can keep track! I'm super excited :D
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So, does this start on tomorrow (the first) or Monday the 3rd?
  • forgetregret
    forgetregret Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Need some motivation to get back into working out.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    So, does this start on tomorrow (the first) or Monday the 3rd?

Let's get everyone signed up on the spreadsheet and their starting weight, measurements, etc today so we can make sure everyone knows where to go and how to post. The calorie burning will run from Mondays through Sundays.
  • marshars1
    marshars1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    oh i m soo loving this idea
    i m new here n would love to join you in October challenge
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Is is too late to join? I would love some extra motivation.
  • mimigi
    mimigi Posts: 3
    Options
    My first challenge! I'm giving it a go!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Is is too late to join? I would love some extra motivation.

Nope! Not too late. Post your info on the Google docs spreadsheet and we are ready to rock and roll on Monday!

Everyone - Please play around with the spreadsheet week one tab (scores, points, etc) so that I can make sure everyone understands how its gonna work come Monday.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    My first challenge! I'm giving it a go!

Glad to have you! WELCOME!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    not sure where to measurements - i got the weight - and see the inches lost (on the bottom) from week to week - but nothing for starting measurement - am i not seeing s/thing??
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So what is the personal challenge for this first week? Or do we each just come up with our own?
  • moon_light10
    Options
    Room for one more ??