confusion!!

Options
ok!!! yesterday i weighed myself and today i jumped on the scales for a wee peek and im 3lb heavier!!! how the hell did that happen, i didnt go over on my cals! and ive been exercisin all week, feel really disappointed :(

Replies

• jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    trust me the scale will drive u nuts, measure ur w8 loss by ur clothes bc it will depress u so much & let u be tempted to give up. good luck & just keep on doing what u need to do
  • missruiz11
    Options
    That same thing happened to me!! Then the next day I weighed and it was down 2lbs...it might just be water weight, im not really sure why that happens but trust me it does!! I get on the scale alot but only truly register my weight once a week.
  • samamfa93
    Options
    I know how you feel! You are probably losing weight, but because you are exercising, you are gaining muscle; which is heavier than fat. I determine my weight loss by scales and by measuring my waist, hips and bust fortnightly.
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    how late do you eat your meals at night i find if i eat about 7.30 and i weigh next day i am 3 pounds hevier weigh next morning its gone do find it depressing at the time also it could be due that your monthlys are due a week before i can put anything on up to 5 pounds that week then it just goes plus the weight i lost that week shows also if you are doing a lot of exercice it may be muscle your biulding up i would not worry to much you will get to know your body but if it starts to go on every week watch what your eating and do a bit :less exercice a bit hope this helps
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You know it's not fat. It's just a fluctuation so relax, breathe and wait.

It will go down.

I fluctuate as much as 6 lbs. per day (usually 2-3). Long-term trends. :)
  • bellecraic
    bellecraic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    normally i dont eat after 7pm but last nite i had a bowl of homemade veg soup around 10, so myb thats wat has done it..... it just smelt so good lol
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Some places say weigh only once a month after your period is done. That is really the way to go if you don't want to be subjected to every little fluctuation. It can make you crazy.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    ..... and that's why I don't get on the scales mid-week any more LOL, I was getting similar results and it drove me crazy!

Your weight can fluctuate so much during the week, for loads of different reasons, as others have mentioned.

Please, hide the scales and only bring them out once a week or a month, save your sanity!!!!!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    It varies don't let it get you down! There are so many things that influence the scale. It depends when you last ate, drank, went to the bathroom(both). So you can't rely on it. Do it only once a week and should be first thing in the morning before you eat and I always make sure I urinate first also. I don't want to count that. This is when you are the lightest of the day!:flowerforyou:
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Even if you are building more muscle, which is more dense than fat (google muscle vs. fat if you already haven't seen that picture...) it's probably just water weight. Whether it's your muscles holding on to water for repair (you build muscle by making tears in your sarcolemma) or maybe you just had something a little salty. Or, maybe you're not drinking enough water. Either way, if you know you didn't eat thousands of calories OVER your daily limit (approx. 3500 cals in a pound) then you are good. Don't let the scale drive you crazy.
  • bellecraic
    bellecraic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, appreciate the advice, i think im gonna hide the scales and just bring them out once a week!!! its either that or im gonna go crazy...lol