Hello....Trying to lose the baby weight

Options
hello all my name is Letisha or Tisha for short. I have a litlle boy Patrick who is 9 months old. I gained about 30 lbs during my pregnancy. A few months after I had Patrick my husband left for a 12 month deployment he is in the army. So I put on close to 10 lbs right after he left. I was eating due to stress and to help comfort myself. We are planning on a family cruise when he gets back. So I am ready to get this weight off and be happy with my size again.

Replies

• tisha20
    tisha20 Posts: 4
    Options
    hello all my name is Letisha or Tisha for short. I have a litlle boy Patrick who is 9 months old. I gained about 30 lbs during my pregnancy. A few months after I had Patrick my husband left for a 12 month deployment he is in the army. So I put on close to 10 lbs right after he left. I was eating due to stress and to help comfort myself. We are planning on a family cruise when he gets back. So I am ready to get this weight off and be happy with my size again.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Good luck to you! I'm trying to lose baby weight, too from my 3 mth old.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Same boat! Baby Gabriel is 9 months and Daddy is in Iraq. I'm glad you're here. Everyone around here will really encourage you in your weightloss journey. I have been losing pretty steadily since June...9 months ago, with only a few plateus. Didn't spell that right, did I?! Oh well. Is baby weaned? Formula fed or nursing? It will make a difference in the amount of calories you should be intaking. This program put me on 1200 cals, not enough for nursing, so I added that to cardio. Once you get a look around you'll see a lot of things can be done to personalize the program to meet your needs. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask. Lots of us are always around and will gladly reply.

Good Luck!
  • tisha20
    Options
    Thanks good luck toyou also
  • tisha20
    Options
    He has been off the breast for about 8 weeks now. I was afraid to diet when he was still nursing. Now that he is on formula I'm ready to get going.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:

Good luck on your journey, MFP is the BEST site EVER!! :happy:
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have two similarities to you.. Trying to lose the baby weight (6 months today) and going on a cruise in September!
    I however gained 70 pounds!! I got about 10 more to lose to make it to prebaby weight then need to tone up some things...
    Good luck, lots of good information on here to help you!
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    I just stopped nursing 3 weeks ago, and lost 25 lbs. from nursing. That was one of the main reasons I breastfed. I had ooboodles of milk with a freezer full right now! I ate about 1400 cals per day. Since i've quit nursing, I 'm having a hard time losing. I want to lose about 10-15 more lbs.
  • ktndj82104
    Options
    I have a very similar story, my baby is 3 months old and I again 40 lbs during my pregnancy. My hubby went on deployment a month ago and we are planning a cruise for when he gets home. I really want to lose as much as possible before he returns. This site is a great place. I've been here 3 weeks and lost 9 lbs. Good luck!!!
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Me too! My baby is 5.5 months old. I have been running and just ran my first 5k race on Sunday. I also joined a bootcamp and started eating healthy again (well most of the time). For me, the last few pounds have been a bit difficult to lose, but I am sticking with it. :grumble:
  • dragonladey
    Options
    My baby is a little older he is 19mo old but I still need to lose 20lbs of my baby weight. I gained almost 60lbs while pregnant so i think Im doing alright. Good luck! It took me awhile for the weight to finally start comming off.
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    good luck! i gained a little too much baby weight this time around, thats why im here too. ive read others say that deployment is great for losing weight becuase you can control exactly what kind of food is in the house...and no one is there to tempt you. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: