Besides water, what else is safe to drink?

Options
alright im almost getting sick of water but does anyone have a better alternative. I mean at least to drink with my meals.

Replies

• kivrinangel
    Options
    I asked a nutritionist doing a talk at my job and he said that drinks like crystal light that add flavor, but little or no calories can be counted glass for glass as water. He also said that even if we don't drink a drop of water a day, we're getting a pretty good amount from our foods, so even though it's not a bad idea to drink 8 glasses a day, it's not as necessary as some people make it sound.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you can try some flavored seltzer.
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Most kinds of unsweetened tea also count as a free drink! I drink TONS of iced tea, homemade.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY don't drink:

Bleach
    Hydrogen Peroxide
    Battery acid
    Jagermeister

:tongue: dude, you can drink whatever you want. I don't drink calorie-laden stuff very often, but I enjoy my cup of coffee, a diet soda here and there, and I guzzle homemade iced tea. (Or Arizona diet Green Blueberry)
  • DEFINITELY don't drink:

Bleach
    Hydrogen Peroxide
    Battery acid
    Jagermeister

:tongue: dude, you can drink whatever you want. I don't drink calorie-laden stuff very often, but I enjoy my cup of coffee, a diet soda here and there, and I guzzle homemade iced tea. (Or Arizona diet Green Blueberry)

Funny stuff! I agree
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I drink unsweetend Tea
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Most liquids in your neighborhood grocery.

You will just have to make a decision how you fit it into your diary.
  • katinka13
    Options
    fresh green or herbal tea, as it tastes cold as good as hot.
  • chchchangess
    Options
    teaaaa! I have so many different kinds of tea at home. and unlike coffee, you don't usually have to put extra calorie-laden things in tea. :)
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    let me correct myself... i will drink my glasses of water but i want something different with my meals... i just hate having water with every meal and i dont drink coffee
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    *Decaf tea

*Try some crystal light mixed in (tons of flavors out there)

*Add fresh lemon or fresh lime or fresh orange in the water

*Also you can get little single serve packets called True Lemon. They come in orange and lime as well. OMG, just checked their website and it nows comes in grapefruit!! (0 calories, made from the real fruit, no sugar or any additives, etc.)

http://www.truelemonstore.com/?trk_src_ss=TLMPAYPCWEBMACSS&gclid=CKO9tYzIx6sCFQ1b7Aod5j-_zg
  • endora60
    Options
    I drink a lot of iced tea too. Unsweetened. It's a freebie, and it tastes good.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of herbal teas (unsweetened). The bonus is that they tend to keep my snacking at bay.
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I find diet coke tastes good with just about everything :happy:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I asked a nutritionist doing a talk at my job and he said that drinks like crystal light that add flavor, but little or no calories can be counted glass for glass as water. He also said that even if we don't drink a drop of water a day, we're getting a pretty good amount from our foods, so even though it's not a bad idea to drink 8 glasses a day, it's not as necessary as some people make it sound.

I completely agree, maybe we'll both get yelled at for speaking our truth. This may sound gross, but you need to pay attention to your urine....if it's clear and not have any yellow to it, you may be drinking too much water.

http://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/features/the-truth-about-urine
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Anything you drink is a drink. Hydration is the goal. Water, juice, soda, tea, coffee, whatever your drink of choice is works, even beer. Hard liquor is the only thing that doesn't hydrate you.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    let me correct myself... i will drink my glasses of water but i want something different with my meals... i just hate having water with every meal and i dont drink coffee

The other night I had a glass of beer with my dinner. It was epic! Try that.
    I do lay off juice, but you CAN have that too.
    I see diet soda, love it.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options

Diet pop/soda
    Milk
    Unsweetened Almond Milk (comes in at 40 calories per cup)
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a glass of juice (real juice, not fake stuff) and a glass of milk. Used strategically, I've eliminated Pepsi and tea (by which I mean, sweet tea) almost entirely.

What you want to do is keep it in your log and think your way through it. If I have that glass of pineapple juice with breakfast, that's calories and I need to make sure that I'm smart about it. You can have almost anything you want (well, except the bleach, etc. as noted hilariously above!) as long as you only have so much of it.

By all means, use the Crystal Light and unsweetened teas if you like them. I'm not crazy about them, though I do keep trying other flavors. Squeezing a little bit of orange or lime into a glass of water is good, too.

I agree that water can be boring, though I've gotten more and more used to it.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of green tea with 1tsp of pure honey&1 packet of splenda 2-3x/day..if you drink it 30mins before working out it really helps with your energy and has helped tremendously with my weight loss!!