lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just starting.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Hi everyone. . .

Today is the following:

Upper body weights + spinning. And my standard hydrating, eating the snacks I pack and taking my vits.

I also need to cram in two hours of project work in between teaching, an appointment, dropping off papers, running a few errands on campus, the gym and choir practice tonight. I'm a busy bee.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! Rainy, dreary day today... :(

So ... I did horrible yesterday with eating healthy. HORRIBLE. But I worked out for about an hour and a half which is a longer workout for me than usual and today is a new day! So goals for today...

Finish my paper
    Eat within my calories
    Work out for at least a half hour.
    Drink all my water.
    Do better than yesterday.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    No gym today. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Hoping I can finish everything up enough that maybe I can walk the two miles to and from the kids school when it is time to pick them up to get some cardio in.

Other than that, my goal is to stay within my 1200 calories and not go over as I'm not expecting to be able to exercise. Need to space my meals out more and eat smaller portions so that I don't blow it tonight.

Have a great one!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I made it to bed before 11 last night, but then I kept waking up. Oh well - I think I'm a little more alert this morning anyway. We might get snow this afternoon - boo. Tomorrow looks sunny.

I made it through my weights this morning, though I am feeling pretty sore all over. I am also feeling strong, so that helps. :wink: I should be able to get a walk in after lunch, and then plan to go to Zumba after work.

AD, glad you had, uh, fun? with your tae-bo. :laugh:

I like MM's new signoff - Boogaloo!!! :laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' pebbs!
    Quick post here. Today is my "day off" though I may have to work out since I plan to have granola for breakfast.
    Goals:
    drink water (didn't make it yesterday since I was gone half the day)
    go shopping and stick to healthy foods
    eat fruits and veggies
    work on my camaro this afternoon
    And I think that's it!
    I hope you all have a blessed day! I will be back to check in later!
    Boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    One advantage of all the yoga - almost all my aches and pains are disappearing! That's right! You too can do yoga, a mere 3 hours a day, and all your pains will disappear!

Today - more of the same 3.5 yoga and maybe a walk. I have many errands to run, so I may not get the walk in. Hopefully, with no flow class today, I won't be as dead as I was yesterday. It was probably the abs class that did me in (30 minutes of abs - later in the day, my weights class has 10 minutes of abs - needless to say, I was collapsing in plank quite a bit).

Oh, good news for me - I lost a pound - it's official. Very happy.

Happy flappy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    One advantage of all the yoga - almost all my aches and pains are disappearing! That's right! You too can do yoga, a mere 3 hours a day, and all your pains will disappear!

Oh, good news for me - I lost a pound - it's official. Very happy.

Happy flappy workouts!

It's a prescription. . .:laugh:

Congrats on the pound.

I have a question. . .do you count calories for yoga if you take a "restorative" class? My class last night was wonderful, but only had a few sun salutations and the rest was all floor poses/hip openers. (Although we did get to roll around in happy baby for quite some time). Just wondering what you do. . .:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

I have a question. . .do you count calories for yoga if you take a "restorative" class? My class last night was wonderful, but only had a few sun salutations and the rest was all floor poses/hip openers. (Although we did get to roll around in happy baby for quite some time). Just wondering what you do. . .:flowerforyou:

I don't count calories anymore. But, I sometimes would for a restorative class - back in the day. Mostly because it wasn't always easy to get me to go to class.

I know I'm becoming a freak because I just looked up a yoga studio in Dallas (going to Fort Worth next week - Dallas has the most senior Iyengar teacher in Texas). I will go 2 hours out of my way to attend his class.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :flowerforyou:
    I am still giggly after my tae-bo experience last night (read yesterday's post) so I think I'll sneak in an extra workout and go for a run after lunch.

Question. Do any of you have huge fluctuations in your weight within a week? ie. Last monday I was 147, tues I was 142, wed 145, sat 152, today 149. And I haven't worked out today, so that # will probably be down this afternoon. I am wondering what is up. I have been "stuck" at the 149-152 range for about 6 months, so I hope this means my body is ready for the next step (and by step I mean a flying leap off this plateau:laugh: ), but I also know being sick really messes with your body and spending two months battling the grunge I had... well, I just don't know what to think. Any ideas? I guess I'm looking for reassurance that I don't need to go back to the doctor. :huh:

Anyhoo, have a fantastic day. It's thursday, so think about what you are going to do for "YOU" this weekend and get started!
    Arianne :happy:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yay! So I ate bad at luch, but just ran 4 miles and walked 1; so fair trade off!
    Hope the rest of you get in all your goals today!
    Arianne :wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

Question. Do any of you have huge fluctuations in your weight within a week? ie. Last monday I was 147, tues I was 142, wed 145, sat 152, today 149. And I haven't worked out today, so that # will probably be down this afternoon. I am wondering what is up. I have been "stuck" at the 149-152 range for about 6 months, so I hope this means my body is ready for the next step (and by step I mean a flying leap off this plateau:laugh: ), but I also know being sick really messes with your body and spending two months battling the grunge I had... well, I just don't know what to think. Any ideas? I guess I'm looking for reassurance that I don't need to go back to the doctor. :huh:

I totally do. . .I'm thinking it's just hormones/water retention for me. . .but I can gain ten pounds in a day or two. It sucks. Yet another reason I finally threw my scale away.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Of course DH would pick my day off (of exercise) to want to take me out for Mexican. Needless to say I probably won't be staying within my calories today. :laugh: But I might actually. I burned some cals when shopping this morning and I'm sure I burned some when working on my car for 2 hours. I need to log my exercise. I wasn't going to since I knew I'd be low on cals today, but it turns out I won't be!
    Alex is still having diarrhea (sorry if TMI), please pray for him. I don't know what's wrong with him.
    Thanks.
    MM
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Of course DH would pick my day off (of exercise) to want to take me out for Mexican. Needless to say I probably won't be staying within my calories today. :laugh: But I might actually. I burned some cals when shopping this morning and I'm sure I burned some when working on my car for 2 hours. I need to log my exercise. I wasn't going to since I knew I'd be low on cals today, but it turns out I won't be!
    Alex is still having diarrhea (sorry if TMI), please pray for him. I don't know what's wrong with him.
    Thanks.
    MM

I've been out of the loop with everyone...who is Alex your son? Is this an ongoing affliction for him?
  • deanea
    Options
    Hi,

Well after I posred last night on a half decent note I was starving and normally I would just go to bed....but I wanted to watch a show so........500 extra calaries of tortillas and salsa:grumble:

Today::

Goals:

stay in cals:-great and I have 300 left over to snack tonight
    exersise three days: Today I am going to meet my friend for 30 min walk and 30 min weights
    eat healthier: :smile:
    Work less than 8.5-:angry: I need to get control of myself and just say no---it will be there tomorrow

All in all happy today with my effort

Talk tomorrow

Anne
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    He's my 3 year old son. He's been diagnosed with autism and sensory disorders. This particular tummy issue is new. He has had the opposite problem before though. Ah the joys of being a mom. :wink:
    MM
  • deanea
    Options
    Yes children and their body fluids eh? Well I hope he feels better soon. Have you loaded him up with electolytes? Keep us updated
    A
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Did almost everything today.

Did:
    go to spinning
    worked out strength training upper body for half an hour
    taught
    hydrated
    vits/iron supplement
    worked for an hour on my project

Didn't
    work for two hours on my project. (dang.) I messed up my appointment, and it was an hour later than I thought it was. So, I lost an hour.

Had a raging case of the "don't wannas" today. Very tired and run down all day long. Just still trying to get back into the groove. . .:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    MM,
    hope Alex is on the mend soon. that poor little guy.:heart:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Did well today again. If it hadn't been for my mom coming up and forcing us to eat at Qdoba I would have been perfect. When a little over on calories but also walked about a mile more than I usually do so I'm not too worried. And my paper isn't done yet but it's going and it will be eventually ... even if that's at 2 in the morning.

I would give myself a solid A- for today. Not bad.