Embarrassing current pics......... what to do?

Options
a few pics of me..... im in a very very bad shape right now.... my worst ever!!!!!!!! :(

these pics r really very embarrassing but i thought i should share with you all and please i'm open to everyone's suggestions.... what should i do????

I did start with healthy eating since yesterday.....but im looking for a lot of suggestions :(

m very depressed!!!! plz help :|

dsc0262nf.jpg

dsc0297x.jpg
dsc0264j.jpg

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    please, to post just make the IMG lower case next time.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It is going to take time, dedication, commitment and a change in the way you have been doing things. Mfp is a very good place to start!

I think you have a lot of things you can be proud of - gorgeous skin, eyes and hair. You can do nothing about the past - but you are in control of what you do from now forward.

I don't think you should be embarrassed at all.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You've made a great step being here and starting to eat healthier, just make each week an improvement on the last, and try not to wallow if you slip up, noone can live a perfect diet and exercise plan every single day, just dust yourself off and take every day as a new day.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Cardio. Take at least a 20 minute long walk every day. If you can go for longer, go for longer. Stay on top of your calories.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I would recommend workout dvds. They are gold!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    what everyone else said...

and always always remember, take each day at a time. if you slip up one meal thats okay, just make your next meal even healthier! if you slip up one day, again thats okay-we all make mistakes and can't be perfect...just make the next day even better and healthier! You CAN do it! don't get down on yourself because it is possible for every one one of us to have our dream body!

good luck and happy losing girl!

add me if you'd like, i'd be happy to help push you, motivate, and support you :)
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well I think you have made a great Choice by starting here. Thats what we all are doing here.
    we all started in the same place over weigh and eating unhealthy. Take one day at a time so things don't look so far out of reach.
    Do the best you can from day to day. I have learned so much just by being here.we are here to help so feel free to add me if you want. Exercise is a big help in weight lose. Good luck to you sweetie, We can do this yes we can!!!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Definately what everyone else has said, but it has also helped to have the support of my MFP friends here too. Feel free to add me if you'd like some support i'd be happy to help :flowerforyou:
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    yea... i fractured my foot 2 months bk... but now its healed.. i started walking 3 days bk...so i cant do much of running and walking.... but i can definitely do crunches etc...
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! First, look through the posts on this site to see hundreds of success stories of people just like you who have changed their bodies and their lives by committing to a healthier lifestyle. They are people just like you who were once where you are. Come to MFP every day for motivation, learning, and support. Commit to keeping up your food diary, keep it honest and keep it open to your MFP friends so they can help you. Start an excercise regimen that you can live with, whether it be walking a dog, dancing to a workout video, or joining a class or club. As for your pictures, you are a lovely girl, and you should not be embarrassed. What a big step it was for you to post your pictures when you are feeling as bad as you do. Congrats and welcome to MFP.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you started yesterday, do not get discouraged. my favorite exercise is cycling. dust off your old bike or borrow someones, and just head outside. you'll find you can cover more distance and burn more calories then running, without the stress running can put on your body.

and if your thinking "how can i go out on my bike looking like this? They're all gonna laugh at me!" well, laugh at them for sitting in front of their couch, with a laptop posting on the internet... crap, i got to go outside. lol. just kidding!! but seriously, you should see some of the ppl i see on the bike baths. and i don't laugh at them, i'm proud that they are doing something to change themselves.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just wait until this time next year. I can't wait to see the difference.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Find some MFP friends that support you not baby you! Work hard for great results, cry if you must but for every tear that is a longer workout! It is what it is so get moving. I'm proud of you for taking the first steps! I did not have the balls to post my before pictures but once I am at my goal I will post them! Good luck and add me as a friend if you want but be warned my group holds nothing back!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    It's not that bad. In the last picture you are hunching/slouching and wearing something that's not flattering at all. I know you did that to show how you look but if you stand up straighter and pull your shoulders back it'll pull your tummy in and chest up and outwardly you'll look a lot better.

Yes, you are overweight, but you are doing the right thing by eating right. Count your calories and exercise and it will come off. Sometimes at a rate that seems glacial, but it will (heh personal experience there :)

As for how you are now... other posters are right- you have beautiful eyes. Your cheekbones are lovely right now and when you lose the weight they are going to be a feature focus. Your hair is great (I wish I had the thickness to go that long!) but looks like it could use a oil treatment for shine...just coat it with warm EVOO & wrap for 30 minutes/overnight, then shampoo and rinse with a little vinegar if you have it...you'll be amazed by the difference. (If you don't have/like olive oil just search for 'hair treatments for shine' and you'll find a lot).

I know you posted looking for weight loss suggestions, but I thought I'd offer a couple that'll help in the immediate future as well.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Okay - I read your profile and you know that you have a number of bad habits. Conquering them all at once may seem difficult so start with one success and move forward.

For you, I would start with "Drink Water". Allow yourself one beverage a day that isn't water, and put H2O (water) into your body the rest of the day. Celebrate each glass you drink as one step closer to health.

Next - are you tracking what you eat? Even before you make changes, the tracking and owning up to yourself on what you are fueling your body with is an amazing tool. Seeing it in black and white can make a huge shift.

And lastly - treat yourself with love and kindness. All of these bad habits are because you are not *actively* loving your body - your body needs movement & exercise, it needs good fuel, it needs rest, it needs to be treated well, and yes - it needs to be loved, with all of its imperfections. Give yourself hugs, and thank it for taking care of you even when you don't treat it well. Look in the mirror and smile broadly, and find *something* about your body that you love - your nails, your hair, your skin tone, new muscle tone, etc.
  • marshars1
    marshars1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i have learned from my own struggle with weight loss n yo yo dieting that never look for short term goals, when we diet extreme to get more thn 2-3lbs a week we deprive ourselves n end up eating more after the diet is finished
    just eat 1200cals a day , try avoiding sugars but u can have a lil bite of watever u fancy after a week or so , n trust me u wont like it , have fun n dont think of it as being on diet, 80-20 rule is always good, 80% healthy n 20% ur bad cravings a week
    good luck!
  • RuchikaPal
    Options

Your hair is great (I wish I had the thickness to go that long!) but looks like it could use a oil treatment for shine...just coat it with warm EVOO & wrap for 30 minutes/overnight, then shampoo and rinse with a little vinegar if you have it...you'll be amazed by the difference. (If you don't have/like olive oil just search for 'hair treatments for shine' and you'll find a lot).

oh thats a nice suggestion :) ill definitely try that :)
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I broke my ankle back in 06 and the best thing I did was start walking once it healed. I am sure that being active kept me from getting locked up with a bad ankle. All that movement actually stimulated the healing. I couldn't turn it sideways, but I could walk forward. So once the Doc got me out of the boot, I walked 2.5 miles to work that day.

I hope your injury is one that you can heal from and be active, I KNOW it helped me...and I'm a much bigger girl than you.

You being here is a great start. Hang around the forums and read read read. There's so much information and support.

The best thing you can do is right here...log your calories/food each day and post your exercise. Those 2 things are so telling. I've learned so much about calories by being here and logging each day for 30 days. You'll find this to be absolutely eye-opening.

Welcome abourd!
  • RuchikaPal
    Options
    Okay - I read your profile and you know that you have a number of bad habits. Conquering them all at once may seem difficult so start with one success and move forward.

For you, I would start with "Drink Water". Allow yourself one beverage a day that isn't water, and put H2O (water) into your body the rest of the day. Celebrate each glass you drink as one step closer to health.

Next - are you tracking what you eat? Even before you make changes, the tracking and owning up to yourself on what you are fueling your body with is an amazing tool. Seeing it in black and white can make a huge shift.

And lastly - treat yourself with love and kindness. All of these bad habits are because you are not *actively* loving your body - your body needs movement & exercise, it needs good fuel, it needs rest, it needs to be treated well, and yes - it needs to be loved, with all of its imperfections. Give yourself hugs, and thank it for taking care of you even when you don't treat it well. Look in the mirror and smile broadly, and find *something* about your body that you love - your nails, your hair, your skin tone, new muscle tone, etc.

yes... i drink very less water... n since yesterday i hv been drinkin water like crazy.... n go to washroom every single hour :P my bodyisnt used to somuch water :P but now im working on it.. n yes i hv started tracking every single thing that i eat...... it does help so much!!!!!!!
    i was active on MFP way back in june-july... but smhow i quit...but this time i wont!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your core. Don't just do ab exercises, also do glute exercises. If your abs are tight and your glutes are weak, your pelvis will still tilt forward. You need both to have a nice streamlined midsection.

Also, stay within your calories and get in some good cardio.