Losin' the Eggstra by Easter 03.19.09

Options

Replies

• xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! :heart:

And btw, I totally forgot that I did do my Billy Blanks Jr "Cardioke" video for about a half hour so I did get some exercise in. I don't know HOW I could have forgotten it. I LOVE THAT VIDEO!! Highly recommended if any of you like dancing and singing....and watching a cute guy while you're doing it!! :wink:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was okay for me. I was right on track w/ cals until i left work at 5 PM. I went for a 60 min 4 mph walk w/ my dog (368 cal), but then went ut to eat w/ my family! yikes! i don't think i necessarily went over on calories, but probably could have made better nutritional choices!!

anyone else find it hard to stay on track in the evenings? i'm fine eating like 250 cals every 3 hours during the day (9 AM, 12 PM, 3PM...) but in the evening i just want to eat, eat, eat! anyone have any tricks or tips?

happy thursday- thinking of all of you!:flowerforyou:

Oh for sure it is difficult to stay on track in the evenings. I do GREAT durning the day up until about 6 or 7, them I struggle with what to eat for dinner/what my family is eating. A tip: I just cut my self off about 8. Set a time where you know you can't eat anything else, and drink some water instead.

great idea! i'll try it tonight- no more after 8 pm! (only water, water and more water!):drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    so who finished day one of the 17 days of exercise?

I will do day one today...
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    :smooched: :blushing: :heart: Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my family! I really appreciate that. No more news yet...just playing the waiting game! And yes, she's 30 weeks and the baby seems to be doing fine so far - strong heart rate and already starting to use her lungs! :bigsmile: :heart:

If it's any consolation, my daughters were born at 27wks and are now thriving, 3.5yr olds!! It's amazing what technology has been able to produce to keep preemies alive!

This week I've been trying to get in more cardio, but not doing a terrific job of it. I am on a very fixed income, so joining a gym isn't an option for me right now. :ohwell: I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate more cardio into my workouts, but I'm finding it extremely hard!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options

Ummm...:noway: :grumble: :huh: :ohwell: :noway:

Not me....:ohwell:
  • blue_glitter
    Options
    :smooched: :blushing: :heart: Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my family! I really appreciate that. No more news yet...just playing the waiting game! And yes, she's 30 weeks and the baby seems to be doing fine so far - strong heart rate and already starting to use her lungs! :bigsmile: :heart:

That's great! Sounds like she's a lil fighter!

I'm really going to try and do some serious exercise today, I haven't done a proper workout in a while and my fitness levels are pretty horrendous! Only problem is I have a huge university assignment due for tomorrow so I don't know when I'll find the time :( At least I've been eating healthily though, breakfast was a bowl of porridge and lunch was a chicken salad (I live in the UK btw). Also I've been trying to drink my eight glasses of water but it leaves me constantly needing the toilet! That's not going to last forever is it?!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I won't have a problem with 17 /24 as i run on my treadmill everyday!!

Good Luck to everyone on it.

I'm already down .4 of a lb towards my goal of 7 lbs!! 6.6 lbs to go!
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    For the first 3 months of joining MFP i was very stressed my boyfriend had lost his job and we are trying to find a new place to live ugh but last week everything feel into place Ryan got a job and my mom is going to rent us out her old house. And i have lost 3 pounds i swear stress plays a big roll in our weight. But for today i will be relaxing and losing weight at the same time lol
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I have already lost 2lbs.:drinker:
  • shannahrose
    Options

i did! a 60 minute 4.0 mph walk- burned 368cals!
    tonight? pilates! woohoo!
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    I did good on my calories yesterday and my water intake. Got in a good 30 minutes of cardio and some strength training. Gonna try to workout today but I've been having really bad dizzy spells today especially when I lay down to try and do crunches. I have Marfans syndrome so I get alot of dizzy spells, but I'm kinda used to them by now. Other than that all is good!!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :drinker: What's everyone's plan for Exercise today? :drinker:

Day 2 of 17 Exercise Days:
    Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD - as much as possible as I've not opened it yet!
    ~If that doesn't satisfy my workout needs for tonight, then I'll probably do some weights at the house along with Tae Bo and my stair stepper. :bigsmile:

I REALLY want to be out of the 240s by SATURDAY! :huh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

i did! a 60 minute 4.0 mph walk- burned 368cals!
    tonight? pilates! woohoo!

Way to go!

Opera - I am doing level 1 of sculpt and cardio today
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I haven't read all the comments yet but I will go back and read them later. I had a sec and I wanted to log so I can have today's thread in my topics.

I will read and log later

have a blessed day
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options

I did! I did!! Woo hoo!!! :bigsmile: I guess that would be Day 2 for me!!
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options

I did! I did!! Woo hoo!!! :bigsmile: I guess that would be Day 2 for me!!

Day one is done for me. Work is really quiet today and tomorrow so I am leaving early so I can fit the gym in. I love this challege. It really makes me get up and move:smile:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    :drinker: What's everyone's plan for Exercise today? :drinker:

Day 2 of 17 Exercise Days:
    Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD - as much as possible as I've not opened it yet!
    ~If that doesn't satisfy my workout needs for tonight, then I'll probably do some weights at the house along with Tae Bo and my stair stepper. :bigsmile:

I REALLY want to be out of the 240s by SATURDAY! :huh:

Well today I went for a 20 min walk on my break. I'll go to the gym after work and do the treadmill and some weights. Yesterday all i got in was a walk on my break....but better than nothing!

You'll make your goal of being out of the 240's by saturday forsure! :smile:
  • JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had a great day yesterday! I ran one mile and walked one mile... about 35 minutes cardio overall with warmup and cool down. I drank 80 oz of water! I stayed within my calories, well I did eat my exercise calories, but I was hungry!

I didn't get to read through all the posts, but good job everyone!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I kind of skimmed through the post today because I'm currently at work.

Today, my goal is to drink all my water and to exercise.

I missed the 17 days of exercise post. Are we supposed to be exercising for the next 17 days? I didn't get in any exercise yesterday but I can start today.

Opera, I'm sorry to hear about your s-i-l. I hope everything works out for her and the baby. I'll be praying for them.

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • shannahrose
    Options
    I kind of skimmed through the post today because I'm currently at work.

Today, my goal is to drink all my water and to exercise.

I missed the 17 days of exercise post. Are we supposed to be exercising for the next 17 days? I didn't get in any exercise yesterday but I can start today.

Opera, I'm sorry to hear about your s-i-l. I hope everything works out for her and the baby. I'll be praying for them.

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:

not 17 days straight but 17 of the next 24 (for the rest of the challenge) :smile: