Hello!

Options
I'm new to this site, but not new to the dieting/fitness world. I have tried Weight Watchers, pills, fad diets...you name it! I have a hard time committing to both exercise and diet at the same time. I am a married, 40 year old, working mother of two---one in last year of middle school and the other in last year of elementary school and they keep me so busy. My husband is very supportive in my goal to be healthy and fit, but his job doesn't allow for him to be at home much so the responsibility falls on me to shuttle the kids, housework, etc. I have no time for myself except early in the mornings. I am tired of being the "mom that has let herself go". I am ready to be the "healthy and active" mom that I can be proud of. Any comments or encouragement would be greatly appreciative and helpful. I hope everyone has success in their goal to be healthy. :)

Replies

• jmikemayer
    Options
    You can do this! MFP has helped so many people stay on track!
  • coffeegal72
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined this week, too. I have found it much easier than WW and I've already lost 2 pounds because I'm conscious of what I'm eating. A friend told me about it a while ago ... her description: facebook for weight loss!

Kathy
  • JodieMae211
    Options
    Hello ... My name is Jodie and I am a 33 year old single Mom of 2 awesome little boys. I am on here also to try to improve myself as well. I also have tried Weight Watchers. My problem is I am a feelings eater. When I am upset I eat. Which does not help with my crazy lifestyle. I am still trying to get over my Fathers sudden death in 09, I have a son in remission with Cancer, and I am helping both my Mom and Step Dad who have Kidney failure (Mom) and Prostate/Colon Cancer (Step Dad). Life is never dull here but as a result I eat. I am learning to control this and look for other alternatives. Since I have started losing weight (before on here) I have lost 18lbs. This in itself is motivating me to do better. I wish you luck on your journey to a better you. :o)
  • SuzyMcClary
    Options
    You are ahead of me from when I started my weight loss journey. My husband did not want me to lose weight, I did everything he could to prevent my weight loss. I left him after almost 40 yrs of marriage - I have now lost almost 100 pounds. How sad that someone who is suppose to love you, does not care enough to help you get healthy. Getting healthy is what weight loss is all about. Good luck on your journey
  • haynesk8
    haynesk8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement and your stories. I wish everyone the best on their journeys! :)