Any delcious weight loss recipes?

Options
Phoenix1401
Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
Hello Im a student who lives in Texas my weight loss goal is to lose over 100 pounds. My experience in the kitchen is okay but I need put more vegetables and meat in my diet. I dont eat seafood that much I just touch chicken breast, Turkey and some beef. Im not picky with my veggies though. And the recipe MUST require well done meat I follow Acts 15:28,29 and 21:25. If anyone have easy to cook and delicous low calorie and sodium recipes out there please help me out! Thank you :D feel free to add me :) xoxo Bianca

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has some great ones!!!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like whipped cauliflower, creamy brocolli soup and zucchini boats. I will post the recipes once I get home.
  • Missmaggieann
    Options
    Surprise South Beach Diet Mashed "Potatoes" (Phase 1)

Description
    One of the most popular South Beach Diet recipes, this Phase 1 dish is great during Thanksgiving or any time you'd like some comfort food.

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients
    2 cups cauliflower florets
    1/2 ounce I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
    1/2 ounce Land O'Lakes Gourmet Fat-Free Half & Half
    Pinch salt
    Pinch freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
    Steam or microwave the cauliflower until soft. Puree in a food processor, adding the butter spray and the half-and-half to taste. Season with salt and pepper. I really like garlic so I add some minced garlic to this as well.

Nutritional information
    81 calories
    6 total fat (2 g sat)
    4 mg cholesterol
    5 g carbohydrate
    2 g protein
    3 g fiber
    82 mg sodium
  • Missmaggieann
    Options
    Spicy Zucchini boats ( Curves Diet )

4 small zucchini squash
    6 cups boiling, salted water
    4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
    ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
    ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
    ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon dried chives
    medium-size bowl of ice
    Preheat the oven to 350º. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise to make boats, then blanch the halves in boiling, salted water for 2 minutes. Drain, and immediately immerse the zucchini in an ice bath. Once the squash is cold, drain thoroughly, blotting excess water with paper towels. Using a small spoon, hollow out the zucchini by removing some of its pulp, leaving at least ¼" wall. Combine the cheeses, cayenne pepper, and chives in a mixing bowl. Stuff the zucchini boats with the cheese mixture, and place them in a lightly greased baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes, until the squash is heated through and the cheese is melted.
  • Missmaggieann
    Options
    Curves creamy broccoli soup

70 Minutes to Prepare and Cook

Ingredients
    5 cups frozen broccoli florets
    1 small onion, chopped(about 1 cup)
    3 Cups chicken broth
    1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    3/4 cups fat free half & half
    1/2 cup 2% milk
    1 Tbsp cornstarch
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 cup small fresh broccoli florets
    1 Tbsp lemon juice

Directions
    Place frozen broccoli, onion, chicken broth, and parsley in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover tightly and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and uncover. Stir together half and half, milk, and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside. Puree hot cooked mixture in blender, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan. Stir in half and half mixture, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, broccoli florets, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 min. Makes 6 (1 1/2 cup ) servings

Number of Servings: 6