Good job?? keep it up?? keep me motivated!

Options
Well, MFP,I need some "great jobs" from you because I'm feeling slightly down today. I had a baby on July 29th and weighed 215 pounds the day I delivered her. By the time I left the hospital I had retained so much water that I was still the same weight after delivering my 8 pound baby. It was a very hard pregnancy so I couldn't really stay very active during it. Now, 9 weeks later I have been working out every single day doing intense workouts and eating very healthy foods. I weighed in today at 180 pounds. I still have a lot to lose, but I'm rather proud of myself for how much I've lost, still fitting in my workouts everyday while taking care of 3 kids.... mostly all on my own because my husband works 15 days on (mostly out of town) and then home for only 6 days out of the month. With how much my body has changed in the past couple months I would LOVE some compliments from my husband when he's home.....but he acts as if he hasn't noticed! And when I tell him how much I just weighed in he just kinda says something along the lines of, "cool" in a very not excited tone... he might as well say, "I don't care!" I don't want to sound like I'm being negative about my Babe, because we have an amazing marriage!!!. But right now he's frustrating me. I just keep telling myself that fitness and health isn't something he's ever been interested in (I'm always trying to be the example to him) so I shouldn't feel down because I know he just doesn't understand really...... right???
Still, I am feeling a little sad. So somebody here just tell me I'm awesome and to keep it up because eventually he's GOT to notice!!!
And while I'm on the subject, I haven't had any friends even tell me that they can see a difference..... So even if it's because I'm still overweight, someone can at least say SOMETHING nice about my hard work and I will feel much better today!

Replies

• 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great :-)

And I can relate with the ambivalent partner thing. It's got its pros, my boyfriend doesn't notice by weight loss but then he also never noticed my weight gain. Aw, it really is what's on the inside that counts :-) (but of course, we do like to be healthy in the end).
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You're doing an AWESOME job! I think our partners eventually see it but being too close they don't notice the big picture. The light will come on I am sure. Keep being a good example. :-)
  • maggiedcs
    maggiedcs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You're a beautiful young lady and look awsome! Kudos to you for doing a very difficult job of raising your kids virtually by yourself.

Maybe your husband is threatened by your weight loss, after all the better you look, the harder he has to try!

Hang in there, it's all worth it in the long run...
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Im sorry you feel so down i can see why you would feel this way. Maybe he is afraid to say anything yet afraid it might mess it up somehow. Or maybe he has a lot on his mind and really has not noticed because of it. Or some men are like that, if they been married awhile they tend to not even ollk at the wife. I know i have been with the same man for 20 years now. It has taken alot of years but i can go to him now and talk about anything and he tries to do better. We actualy talk about feelings now !! lol even he does.

But i can tell you I hear your numbers and i think it is amazing how well you are doing, and to have kids all the time. Dont give up and remember your not doing just for him any way you are doing for yourself! well i hope you are so you can be confident, healthy and be around for your children and to play with grand children. Keep that in mind and no matter how he reacts you will keep going to be a better you.
  • raychill007
    raychill007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazingly!! I had to skip back up the start of your post to ensure I'd read it correctly when you said you were at 180!! WOW - that's over 2 stone, that really is unbelievable, especially with the distraction of having 3 kids!
    You're doing brilliantly!
    Maybe your husband and friends want you to keep it up ad are afraid of commenting? I know that when I get compliments in the past, I kind of think that I' 'there', that I've made it, and I forget my goals for a little while until the weight creeps up again. I'd personally just prefer if my friends and fmaily would keep their mouths shut until I really am at my goal so that I don't get complacent :)
    Or maybe you've been overly sensitive about weight issues in the past so they don't want to offend you by saying anything.
    I don't know, just throwing ideas out there!
    At the end of the day, you're such an inspiration, well done!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I feel better already

And some good points were made where it could be that he's afraid to talk about it because I HAVE always been sensitive about my weight. I have worked hard my whole life and it's always been a challenge (which I love) but I've never been skinny so sometimes it has gotten the best of me where I'm sad that I work out so hard but yet, I don't necessarily feel like I look like it.
    Or he could feel threatened too..

I do want to add that I am definitely doing this for me and because I know I need to be a good example for my kids. But mostly because I LOVE it. I love working out and the feelings of being healthy!!!