hi I'm new to being healthy

Options
hi I just started exercising and eating healthier but I haven't lost any weight yet. It's kind of disappointing to not even lose a pound yet. I'm really wanting to learn to live better and not worry about results just yet. Hopefully, my doubts will go away and I'll be able to do this :)

Replies

• bitterbrownie
    Options
    going healthy is a whole lifestyle change! :) don't worry about how long it takes - what counts is that you are taking action and putting in that effort. good luck with it - i still think sometimes i'm not being healthy and get down about the results but you gotta keep plugging away haha. feel free to add me :)
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    its not all bout the scale its bout felling better and just believing in you and making every good choice you can. we all make mistakes but pick up and start over or over and over and over... Good Luck!
  • briamycolson
    Options
    Hey there...DO NOT get discouraged! Keep it up. Try completing the diary EVERY day and EVERYTHING you eat for a couple weeks. Then, you may see a pattern. As you work towards your goals, you'll learn more and more about what you need to eat to lose weight in addition to the exercise. I have to concentrate on high fiber, more raw (you get used to it and actually start to crave it), healthy fats like nuts, etc., and lean proteins. There really is a lot to choose from. Just don't take the tempting route of trying to starve yourself to lose weight faster. It will kill your metabolism.
    You are doing the right thing here! A healthy lifestyle is a lot of work and can seem a bit obsessive, but the payoff is totally worth it!

Hang in there!!!! Keep going!
  • JLee1892
    JLee1892 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey!! MFP is a great learning tool to living a healthier lifestyle. I always thought I never really ate that much until I saw from logging how many calories I was really consuming! Its a real reality check. The support here is also incomparable! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!! Good luck!!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Educate yourself! Read lots of websites on healthy eating and exercise. Knowledge is power!!

Here are some sites I like:
    www.cleaneating.com
    www.letsmove.gov
    www.jillianmichaels.com
    www.eatingwell.com
    www.bodymedia.com

Of course there are millions more, but I prefer those that focus on natural foods and exercise. Not some gimmick diet that limits a whole food group or severely restricts calories, or wants you do down multiple pills or injections a day. As you can see from MFP info, to lose weight you need a caloric deficit. It's healthy to lose about 2pounds a week or less.

Best of luck!!! :happy:

Best of luck to you!!!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    P.S.

If you have iTunes, Jillian Michaels has a FREE podcast called "The Jillian Michaels Show" where she gives TONS of information about diet/exercise/healthy living.
  • thoughtbubble
    thoughtbubble Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and advice ladies :)