Need chicken marinade recipe

Options
I don't know what to do with chicken. It always turns out bland for me. Any help?

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the oven with zesty italian sauce, it's winner around here!
  • dailyorange
    Options
    My go to marinade for chicken is usually a mixture of 3 tbs dijon mustard, 1 tbs rice vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning and a little olive oil. Chicken is tender and flavorful. Another quick and easy way is to just mix dijon mustard and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Hope that helps!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    If you are making skewers........olive oil, lemon, pepper and oregano

If you are roasting it......garlic powder, paprika, pepper, basil, oregano, parsley, vegeta, a little olive oil.

:) good luck
  • elp1920
    elp1920 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Make the Good Seasons Italian Dressing (little dry spice packets) but mix with balsamic vinegar rather than red wine vinegar.

Put chicken in a ziploc and marinate (also good for pork tenderloin). Then grill if you can.
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    have you tried marinating in some light Miracle Whip with some Mrs Dash and some red chilli flakes?

then bake it covered to stop it drying out...
  • songbird1973
    Options
    Use zesty Italian dressing or Chicago steakhouse marinade. Just recently tried a Lawrys steak marinade and it was great. Just because it says steak doesn't mean it wouldn't be good on chicken is my motto when it comes to marinade. I usually marinade for a day in the fridge before cooking but have done it same day. Hope this helps!!!
  • healthy4self
    Options
    Wow, what innovative ideas! I'll give a few a try, thanks!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Buy a bottle of adobo seasoning with pepper. It's a powdered spice mix usually found with the hispanic foods. Mix 1 tbsp of it with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of vinegar. Marinate boneless skinless chicken breasts in it anywhere from an hour to overnight. They are best either grilled or cooked in a grill pan but the flavor is wonderful.