Why oh Why

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
Do i have binges every few weeks.
i feel so stupid pigging out. please tell me its normal when your due on your period to do this stupid thing

Replies

• dcholliday2
    dcholliday2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    totally normal :drinker: It's the hormones...
  • pippamoment
    Options
    Very normal. I go mad right before mine. Sometimes I feel like I could sit at a tree and eat the bark off of it. I think with the weight you have lost you are doing very well. Don't beat yourself up over a little indulgence.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Very normal. Sometimes you beat the cravings sometimes you don't. Deff. part of the process. I was feeling down today and ate becasue of it , felt terrible and was so angry . I am fine now becasue I know tomorrow will be better so look to tomorrow. Keep working at what makes you binge, not enough food, emotions whatever and try to work on it! Even if you are binging think about why. Good luck :)
  • sweetly_spicy
    sweetly_spicy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Remember too that when you lose fat, you also release more estrogen into your system that month... that makes the cravings and mood swings worse.

And this too, shall pass.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yup right before my period I can tell; I have terrible cravings. I have managed not to binge though by knowing in advance when my period will be coming (thank you birth control) and planning to have some healthier alternatives to what I would normally binge on. Remember if it's not in the house then you're less likely to drive all the way to the store just to get it. Like I know I'll want ice cream so I get light, no sugar added, blue bunny ice cream bars. They're awesome, they're a small portion, they fill my chocolate AND ice cream craving and they're only 120 calories. I also admit that diet cream soda does wonders for me as far as dessert cravings go. I know a lot of people think diet soda is bad but it's better than half a pint of chocolate ice cream :P