The delicious that is POMEGRANATE

Options
Rilke
Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
So as the weather starts to cool down, I need some help to get over the passing of berry season. Apples are always great, of course, but a lady needs variety in her life.

Enter the pomegranate. I picked up a beautiful one at a farm stand this week. Here it is after I cracked that sucker open:

8Gkhw.png

I then set to work getting those precious little seeds out of there.

n9Joh.png

CQ34l.png

Half a pound of tart, crunchy, antioxidant-astic scrumptiousness.

Any other pom lovers? :) If you've never tried, you are missing out.

Replies

• TomehToxic
    Options
    a personal love of mine, not had any in a while though, that with raspberry and blueberrys :3 oh god..
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yup. I love pomegranate. Every seed is like a juicy little ruby.
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    OMGosh...I cannot WAIT for poms every year...so delicious!!!
  • Chellek81
    Chellek81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I LOVE anything pomegranate. I am so excited that it's pom season again!!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am a pomegrante lover, I never miss the season!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    LOVE pomegranate! Waiting for them to pop up in our weekly farmers maket.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    love, love, love them...taste so good and they are fun to eat!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I think pomegranates are some of the coolest-looking fruits on the planet. My 9yo daughter loves them. But they are too much work. I like lazy fruit that I can just eat. Like apples.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Awesome for cooking too, there's an amazing sweet / tart Iranian chicken dish called fesenjan which uses reduced pomegranate juice and ground walnuts.

Not made it for a while now as I'm very aware of the high calorie content, but it would be interesting to try and make a healthy version. :smile:
  • Rilke
    Options
    I think pomegranates are some of the coolest-looking fruits on the planet. My 9yo daughter loves them. But they are too much work. I like lazy fruit that I can just eat. Like apples.

Haha yes, they do take work. But sometimes it's nice to focus on a task, and then the food tastes even yummier because I slaved away for it ;)
  • Rilke
    Options
    Awesome for cooking too, there's an amazing sweet / tart Iranian chicken dish called fesenjan which uses reduced pomegranate juice and ground walnuts.

Not made it for a while now as I'm very aware of the high calorie content, but it would be interesting to try and make a healthy version. :smile:

Hmm . . . not sure I'll try the dish, but I think I'll mix some walnut pieces into my pomegranate seeds when I snack on what's left. Sounds like a good combo.