New to the site

Options
Hi Everyone,
I have been struggling with my weight on and off for 7 years. My enemy is chocolate, candy, cakes. I would rather eat this stuff than regular food. I began to get a wake up call when people started asking was I pregnant again but I really didn't try hard to lose weight I just wore skirts and dresses to try to hide my weight. It took me about a month ago in the dressing room of a department store to really realize that I am extremely overweight. I was so disgusted at what I saw in the mirror and I vowed that from that day I was gonna lose this weight. I still have my downfalls but I don't eat as much junk as I use to. I am still disgusted at what I see because I have always had self esteem issues. I have always been self conscious of my body. I want to lose weight because I have a 7 year old active little boy that I would love to play with without feeling like i'm going to have a heart attack. I hope that through this site I can lose the weight and meet new people that are on the same weightloss journey. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had the same self awareness recently. Shocking isnt it? lol I am new to the site too but it seems very encouraging. You can add me if you would like :-)
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right site for help. The suggestion I would make is plan ahead as much as you can and enter your foods before you eat them. It keeps me from going over when I see what the calories and so forth are. Good Luck
  • MWaters_79
    Options
    Good luck hun!! We are all here to help you through this, as we are going through it as well!! Add me if you want!!!