Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fruits for Greek Yogurt?

withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
Raspberries + blackberries + honey + nonfat plain Greek Yogurt is my go-to post-workout snack. But summer is over, and the berries around here aren't nearly as good anymore! What other kinds of fruits do you put in your Greek Yogurt?

Replies

• pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Have you tried frozen berries instead of fresh? Flavour isn't bad, though the texture may be not as firm.

Banana is my go-to fruit in yogourt.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Personally I like almonds in mine. And occasionally I will use flax granola, when I have it.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    asian pears and honey :)
  • This is too late for you this year, but maybe something to keep in mind for next year - we go to pick-your-own places and pick a bunch of raspberries and strawberries over the summer, and then freeze them, so we have berries all year. The frozen store ones aren't too bad to put in yogurt. I usually use Open Nature granola too. :D
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    frozen fruit works great! or apples and pears work too
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    diced up apples are good, especially if you can afford organic apples. canned peaches and pears in water are good too. Also, not sure if you have it where you are but i get the Liberte 0% Greek Yogurt with fruit on the bottom, they have blackberry, wild blueberries and strawberry, you have to stir them a bit but they are creamy and delish and a 142mL cup is only like 120 cals.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Mango, peach, blueberries, ...or go for dried fruit like apricots or dates.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    I put in dried tropical fruits such as mango and papaya or any fruit in season.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Raspberries + blackberries + honey + nonfat plain Greek Yogurt is my go-to post-workout snack. But summer is over, and the berries around here aren't nearly as good anymore! What other kinds of fruits do you put in your Greek Yogurt?

I like Vanilla or Honey Greek yogurt without the fruit, but you can get it with the fruit already in it. Otherwise I suppose you could use frozen fruit....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    protein powder or sf/ff instant pudding mix (cheesecake is awesome) then top with fruit, almonds, ice cream etc
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 702 Member
    fresh mango is my favorite!!! but I have gotten used to eating it plan with an apple on the side too.
  • Derv
    Derv Posts: 84 Member
    If you heat frozen berries in the microwave and then top with the yoghurt, the hot/cold contrast is nice.
    I like almonds or walnuts with manuka honey too.
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    I get the Strawberry Banana Chobani, and mix in 1/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch.... AMAZING, and AWESOME protein :) I know its not fruit added, but its another way to enjoy some Greek :)
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    I love bananas in mine! Delicious!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Personally I like almonds in mine. And occasionally I will use flax granola, when I have it.
    Key lime with almonds......Oh YEAH! Flax seed too sometimes. Delicious! :happy: