Working in McDonald's!

Just wondering what would you put down if you work in McDonald's? I work in one of the busiest McDonald's in my city and I'm literally busy from 12-6 non stop but I still do other duties such as cleaning! I actually sweat (vile I know) from it! So just wondering what exercise you would put down? I've been using light/moderate cleaning ;D

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    If you can get a heart rate monitor and just wear it to work. It will tell you what you are burning.
  • You can get a heart rate monitor or you could change your activity level to active, so it will account for it in your daily calories.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Or you could maybe set your activity level as active or above.
    I understand where you are coming from, my son works part time in McDs and he is shattered running about on his feet for the whole shift
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    For work that's consistent I would change my activity level.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    I agree with Drunk, dont log it as exercise, just be sure you account for it when setting your daily activity level (make sure you are set to active)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    if you are constantly busy, put heavy..but maybe get a hrm as well..good luck
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    I don't put my work down as exercise even though I probably walk miles on some days. I just put it as my activity level for my profile and that is it. Just as I don't put every day cleaning down. Only cleaning I do above and beyond daily cleaning. If it is part of my normal then I just don't count it. I figure it is already accounted for.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I'd just change your activity level to active, that'd give you more calories to eat without having to log the exercise.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    i work for mcdonalds aswell! i usually dont count that as excercise although i should....i go to the gym 3 times a week....however avoid the food for obvious reasons!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Just wondering what would you put down if you work in McDonald's? I work in one of the busiest McDonald's in my city and I'm literally busy from 12-6 non stop but I still do other duties such as cleaning! I actually sweat (vile I know) from it! So just wondering what exercise you would put down? I've been using light/moderate cleaning ;D

You're working. I don't think you should be counting that as calories.

It seems like everyone is wanting to count the simple day to day things as exercise. Your body is going to burn daily even if you're in a coma, but that doesn't mean anything else should be "counted as a burn"...

Especially people who count "cleaning the house" - that's not exercise.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Just change the activity level in your profile to a higher activity level. This will account for any extra exercise you get through daily activities such as work. Since I'm a student, I have mine set to sedentary because I spend all my time sitting in the library (apparently not doing homework though since I'm on MFP)
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    My personal recommendation would be reflect this in your “Activity Level” settings in your profile rather than add this as a workout. If it is more or less a daily routine, I would change my level settings.

I found this post helpful in understanding activity levels and how they work.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/291071-activity-level-and-logging-exercise
  • I'm manager at BK and I just raised my activity level since I have ten hour shifts constantly moving or doing something, there really isn't a way to log it without a hrm
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    I'm manager at BK and I just raised my activity level since I have ten hour shifts constantly moving or doing something, there really isn't a way to log it without a hrm

Even with a HRM, it's not exercise.