Meal Planning Help

Options
Hi guys!

I would love you help in planing some meals. I find if I do not make my meals before hand I tend to eat crap.

Some information about me. I am a full time university student in my final year of study. I work 15+ hours a week as well.

Food that is in my apartment for this week:
Meat: Pork chops, hamburger (lean ground), chicken (boneless-skinless)
Veggies: Carrots, potato, red onions, frozen broccoli/corn/beans
Other: brown rice, olive oil, garlic, chives, thyme, lemon juice, whole wheat pasta, skim milk

Any ideas?

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    A weekday fave of mine is a big salad with fat ree dressing and chicken. Half a head of iceberg or romaine, some shredded red cabbage, butterball grilled chicken (one package is $4 and 180 calories), some hormel low fat bacon bits, pre-shredded carrots, grape tomates and fat-free ranch dressing. 350 calories or so, and it is a huge bowl I can munch on for a while.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I find that going to skinnytaste.com and getting recipes that freeze easily is a good way to go. I tend to plan my shopping around the recipes I choose and can cook up over the weekend. You can make the chicken rollatini stuffed with spinach and feta or stuffed with zucchini and mozzarella. Or stuffed shells or chicken parm. Then portion them out and freeze them. Each morning (or night before) you can take one out and just heat it up in the microwave. You can saute whatever vegetables in some olive oil or toss them in the microwave as a side. If you need a starch, add some steamed brown rice.
  • Dawny75
    Dawny75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    some really fast, in a pinch meals for us include: Salsa chicken, brown rice, and green beans. (if you have a crockpot, throw some boneless, skinless chicken in a crockpot, cover with salsa (we prefer Pace chunky medium) and put that on low for 6-8 hours. Insanely easy and good. We do our protein in bulk and split the meals up into ziplock containers for grabbing on the go. Another easy, tasty idea is boneless, skinelss chicken on parchment paper... sprinkle over with taco seasoning (bake on cookie sheet, middle rack on 350 for 40-50 mins). We like to cut this up into slices for handy protein on salads or whole grain wraps. Hope that helps.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hi here's a few sites that can help...

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/7_day_weight_loss_diet_meal_plan

http://allrecipes.com/

The last one helps me as well..helps me decide what to make with what ingredients I have..tells me the nutrition facts and helps me meal plan as well..

Hope this helps....
  • TBHunter
    Options
    Thanks guys!

The sites have lots of good items!
  • blakeman187
    Options
    Tuna packets are the way to go. They have all kinds of flavors, and are awesome on the go.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I like to plan a weeks worth of dinners before I go shopping that way I know I have what I need. I use skinnytaste and hungry girl plus this site and low cal cookbooks for ideas.