Post Your LCV (like NSV) Oct. 1

Options
psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
I came up with LCV while I was out walking today, it stands for Lifestyle Change Victory. I realized that I love reading the NSV threads but I'm more interested in what people are doing that's different and making a lifestyle change (like picking a healthier food option, or working out when you're dead tired), rather than non-scale (like fitting into a smaller pair of pants or getting checked out, although those are great too ;). I am also trying to make changes for myself each day, and thinking about posting something motivates me to do something, as does seeing what others are doing.

I will try to put a new thread up each day, we'll see if it catches on.

And I'll go first--today I decided to take a longer walk than usual, knowing it would be hard for my dog to keep up--so I carried him when he got tired, rather than not doing it at all (he weighs 13 pounds so maybe it helped burn more calories?!). But very proud of walking longer (and faster) today.

What did YOU do today that is part of your new lifestyle change? Post your LCV!

Replies

• bitsybetsy424
    bitsybetsy424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I came up with LCV while I was out walking today, it stands for Lifestyle Change Victory. I realized that I love reading the NSV threads but I'm more interested in what people are doing that's different and making a lifestyle change (like picking a healthier food option, or working out when you're dead tired), rather than non-scale (like fitting into a smaller pair of pants or getting checked out, although those are great too ;). I am also trying to make changes for myself each day, and thinking about posting something motivates me to do something, as does seeing what others are doing.

I will try to put a new thread up each day, we'll see if it catches on.

And I'll go first--today I decided to take a longer walk than usual, knowing it would be hard for my dog to keep up--so I carried him when he got tired, rather than not doing it at all (he weighs 13 pounds so maybe it helped burn more calories?!). But very proud of walking longer (and faster) today.

What did YOU do today that is part of your new lifestyle change? Post your LCV!

LSV - this is a great idea!! I like it :smile:

So, I've always been addicted to coke/pepsi. I would drink at least 2 cans or more a day. However, earlier this week I decided that this needs to stop. Thus, I've been trying to have coke or pepsi only once a day. Usually it is at dinner, but sometimes I will do lunch. I'm slowly trying to cut down - this week it was just have it at one meal, this coming week it is going to be only 1 glass (no refills!) at 1 meal. It's working so far and I've been drinking a lot more water because of it!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I decided to eat one french toast instead of four, and I still felt full!
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i did a crazy, 8 mile hill run with the running club i just joined in the TORRENTIAL RAIN....got soaked through but i'm trying to elimate any excuses.

From now on i'm trying not to let myself decided i'm too tired/too busy or whatever, i want to prioritise my excercise
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have had a bag of ghirardelli chocolate squares in my house for a whole week. I have eaten two each day and still have some left! In the past, I would have gobbled up the whole bag in a couple of days. Yay me!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Food and Cola addiction: normally, a party was pig-out opportunity ... and with the Cola flowing, I'd be slurping it down.

Went to a party last night. Moderation was once just a word, now it's a lifestyle.

Made the choice not to touch Cola (but I did touch the fizzy stuff).
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation for a week, ate Greek, Italian, Creole, Thai, and Texas BBQ and enjoyed it all. I still made sensible choices--lots of veggies, appropriate serving sizes, watched the fat content, etc. And I even had amazing desserts--but shared them with at least 2 to 3 other people. I felt normal, and the little weight that I did gain away from my normal food/exercise routine I lost within a couple of days of being home. So now I truly do believe I am living a lifestyle and not a diet.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Car was totaled in June. In the past this would have brought on a sedentary, stuck theme incl. depression for many months. This time, I'm working on improving my walking and running form. I am burning 5000 calories doing over 500 minutes of exercise just hiking to accomplish routine errands.

Also decided to purchase a trail-a-bike (for 6 yo daughter) and recycling an adult bike from a friend to help us have fun doing part of our errands and travel by bike. Mood and self esteem are up because of the change in my responses to life's challenges.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    Did my first 5K today! I've never been a runner and only really started running and training since August. I finished in 42 minutes, which I didn't think was too bad! I plan on running another on October 29th. And probably more after that!
  • Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options
    OOOHHH, I like this idea!
    Okay, so last weekend I intentionally didn't buy any cold cereal except for Post Shredded Wheat. Not the little squares with frosting. I bought the big, gigantic, cardboard tasting biscuits. Every single day this week, without fretting, questioning, whining, or complaining, ALL my children fixed their own breakfast and MY SHREDDED WHEAT IS GONE!!!! They devoured the cereal and asked for more! And raisins and bananas to go with it! I'm so feelin' my kids right now.
  • Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options
    OOOHHH, I like this idea!
    Okay, so last weekend I intentionally didn't buy any cold cereal except for Post Shredded Wheat. Not the little squares with frosting. I bought the big, gigantic, cardboard tasting biscuits. Every single day this week, without fretting, questioning, whining, or complaining, ALL my children fixed their own breakfast and MY SHREDDED WHEAT IS GONE!!!! They devoured the cereal and asked for more! And raisins and bananas to go with it! I'm so feelin' my kids right now.

BTW, there's no white refined sugar in my house, either. So they didn't drown it in sugar.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Today we went out to eat for lunch after my son's performance and I cut my steak in 1/2 (encouraged hubby to do the same and he thanked me for it later) and I ordered green beans as a side instead of a loaded baked potato, which I would have done in the past. I did have a dinner roll, but not 3 or 4 like I would have a year ago. I'm no longer ordering soda while eating out, but always order water with lemon. It is a lifestyle change, not a diet!! :smile:
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was really proud a couple nights ago when I went out for wing night. Back in the day my friends and I used to always go out for wings, and I would always order 20 wings. Wednesday night I went out for wing night, ordered 15, but only ate 10. Not only was I full from 10, but I didn't feel the need to finish the last 5 wings just because they were on my plate (what I often do with food).
  • Ajaay
    Ajaay Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just got paid (I'm a teacher and get paid once a month) and did not go out to eat b/c I couldn't think of a restaurant that was worth that many calories.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've started using smaller dinner plates. Less food and I'm still full. It's a good thing.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just got paid (I'm a teacher and get paid once a month) and did not go out to eat b/c I couldn't think of a restaurant that was worth that many calories.

Win!!! I'm the same lately...they're just not that good and not worth spending my calorie money on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!