Meal Planning

Options
Ok this might sound a little bit lame, but I plan ALL of my meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND snacks) ONE WEEK in advance. I get all the recipes, grocery lists, etc together and go out and get what I need. I have found throughout my weightloss that planning what you eat way ahead of time really helps you meet your goal. It helped me in my 35lb weightloss.

Replies

• wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I meal plan I don't spend as much money either :) I only buy what I need for the week and end up not wasting food too.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I freeze meals 30 days ahead of time. I pull out a weeks worth of dinners, thaw and reheat.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Exactly! :)
  • aincredible
    Options
    wow i need to try this... how do you keep fresh fruits and leafy greens the freshest? do you freeze just your meats or what?
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    It's not lame at all! That's great that you can do that. I don't plan my meals; I just have nothing but healthy foods and snacks in my house. Try to travel with snacks in my bag Lean Cuisine bag. lol...
  • cardglor
    Options
    you have all been so inspirational for me today. I've been slipping a bit and am getting back on track. I did best when I always had something healthy to eat in the house. Its going out for meals that gets me off track. Thanks for the great ideas! I needed the boost.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    you have all been so inspirational for me today. I've been slipping a bit and am getting back on track. I did best when I always had something healthy to eat in the house. Its going out for meals that gets me off track. Thanks for the great ideas! I needed the boost.

I appreciate it! I love helping people out as much as i can.. When I began my weight loss journey a year ago, I didnt have any help so i know how it is! :)
  • jacpark
    Options
    Great advice! :) I'm actually in the process of taking this a step further. I do my shopping fortnightly so I meal plan fortnightly. I am setting up 4 meal plans (2 weeks each) and shopping lists so each fortnight I don't have to think, I just grab and go. When I plan my meals, I have the ones needing the fresh ingredients first and the ones that can be frozen and reheated later in the week. I also try and cook an extra serve to freeze as a lazy day meal.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I've always planned my meals, even when I wasn't eating healthy. I don't know how people do it without a grocery list! I'd just end up buying stuff that'd probably go to waste!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Ok this might sound a little bit lame, but I plan ALL of my meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND snacks) ONE WEEK in advance. I get all the recipes, grocery lists, etc together and go out and get what I need. I have found throughout my weightloss that planning what you eat way ahead of time really helps you meet your goal. It helped me in my 35lb weightloss.

Why would this sound lame? I've been doing that for years. I started out nearly 200 pounds, size 20. I'm currently in the 140s, size 8. My goal is size 2...don't have a weight goal, since I find it odd that I've been this exact weight at size 8 AND size 14. Muscle is heavy, lol.