Logging Naps

Options
I am wondering if anyone can or does log naps. I have my lifestyle already set at sedimentary and know that MFP calories are based on what I need if I stay awake for the day. Sometimes though I need naps and I was wondering if there was something or someway I could deduct calories away from daily intake if I sleep for an hour or two. Any ideas?

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Actually your BMR is based on calories you would burn if you were basically in a coma, so no you don't need to deduct calories for napping.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sometimes though I need naps and I was wondering if there was something or someway I could deduct calories away from daily intake if I sleep for an hour or two. Any ideas?

God I WISH I could burn calories while napping...I'd be champ since I just took one for an hour!
  • 1stTrainHome
    Options
    Sedimentary. That rocks.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Sometimes though I need naps and I was wondering if there was something or someway I could deduct calories away from daily intake if I sleep for an hour or two. Any ideas?

God I WISH I could burn calories while napping...I'd be champ since I just took one for an hour!

LOL you do burn calories while napping, technically. I think the OP meant they wondered if they should eat less calories because they are not staying awake.
    I think the first reply hits it on the head.
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    if you have severe myoclonus, you might burn calories while falling asleep.
  • Nswilk
    Nswilk Posts: 27
    Options
    yea its the wrong word I see that now. Thanks
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Sedimentary. That rocks.

haha! missed that