Calories you burn!

Options
Do you eat your work out calories?? I think that its just too much to eat.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I absolutely eat my workout calories. That's my whole motivation to workout, so I'm allowed to eat more or eat things that I couldn't otherwise afford on my calorie budget. :-)
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Try using the search button above. There are a few good threads on this topic that should help you. Good Luck :)
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I think it kind of depends on the person because I have seen people on here that DON'T eat their calories back or just eat a portion back and they are successful at losing weight. For ME I have to. If I don't, there wont be ANY movement!
  • Chris_bee05
    Chris_bee05 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've asked this question on here before too and I guess it's some HUGE debate deal. Anyway, personally I do NOT eat my exercise calories back. I think it's way too much for me personally. If I happen to dip into my workout calories here and there, then I'm fine with that, but the most part I try to stay under my initial calorie goal.

For the most part, you just have to do whatever works best for you and for your body. Try eating them back and if you're not losing then cut back a little. It's pretty much a trial and error thing to see what works best.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different....eating calories back works for some and not for others...it is kind of a trial by error thing to see what your body needs and what works for it. I started out not eating mine back and lost weight. Then I started eating them back and the weight loss stopped so I went back to not eating them.
  • kgraham101
    kgraham101 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    To keep your body running properly you need to eat a certain number of calories. MFP calculates based on the info you give them what your lowest calories should be if you want to lose weight. (Mine is 1200) If we go to far below our calories our bodies will go into starvation mode and our metabolism slow way down. I tried the not eating my exercise calories back and lost weight But it wasn't fat that I lost it was muscle. instead of looking more skinny I looked sickly. Now I eat most of my exercise calories back I am down to 140 lbs and feel great. :happy: