Options
2»

Replies

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Oh look Godwin, in the first post.
    XD

Food tastes better off cooker in general but a microwave is there when I want hot milk and don't want to dirty a saucepan.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Look, I'm sorry, but I've got to do some serious chuckling about this. A microwave oven heats food, or anything containing water, by exciting the resonant frequencies of water molecules. "Distort" the molecules in your food? ALL cooking produces molecular changes in foods. What's the difference between "change" and "distort" (except that "distort" sounds all bad and scary)? Food with its molecules unchanged, or un-"distorted," if you insist, is called by a technical name: raw. Some things are very good raw -- see fruits and most vegetables. Some things aren't so good raw -- see meats.

Everyone who's freaking out and throwing away your microwave: hey, go ahead and have your fun. But consider "throwing" them toward someone who might need them.
    This. If you have any type of understanding on how microwaves work, you would know that this story is bunk. And the "so called person who sued" died from a blood clot. It even states it in the suit.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    *eyeroll*
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The Nazis invented the microwave oven. They were used in their mobile support operations, originally developed microwave "radiomissor" cooking ovens to be used for the invasion of Russia.

Bunk!

The microwave was invented by a Dr. Percy Spencer, a self-taught engineer with the Raytheon Corporation. He was testing a magnetron (needed for radars), when he noticed a candy bar melted. He also popped some popcorn. Now you know why microwaves were sometimes called a "radar range".

The cavity magnetron itself was invented by a pair of British scientists. The Germans had worked on magnetrons before the British ever did. But they abandoned the line of research, thinking the magnetron's frequency instability made it unsuitable for practical applications. They channelled their research into the much more precise, but also much lower power, klystron tube. The British found a way of working around the frequency instability and greatly increased the power output, producing the first useful magnetron radars.

The Nazis didn't have any until they chopped them out of crashed Allied planes equipped with H2S radar units.
  • mark03264
    Options
    What a bunch of droppings!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My microwave chased me around the kitchen with a butcher knife last night. Scary devils!
  • mark03264
    Options
    My microwave chased me around the kitchen with a butcher knife last night. Scary devils!

LOL
  • candylw
    candylw Posts: 37
    Options
    i do not use a microwave not for any weird or crazy reason just because i eat healthier not making those quick meals in them... makes you think about cooking something healthy and more filing if it takes just as long to heat a tv dinner in the oven!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Add it to the list~
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING is killing us now days
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    i do not use a microwave not for any weird or crazy reason just because i eat healthier not making those quick meals in them... makes you think about cooking something healthy and more filing if it takes just as long to heat a tv dinner in the oven!

It's still nice to have to re-heat homemade meals! I made some lovely soup last week and our microwave died. It takes so much longer to heat it up on the stove than in the microwave :D But I guess I'm cranky and impatient when hunrgy :)