Brand new and looking for support

Options
Hello everyone,

I have been here for just a couple of days. What I hope to find here are a couple of new friends that are veterans of this site, and can maybe help and support me through this. I would of course be happy to support and motivate as well.... I hope to lose 50lbs and as you all know, it is hard to do alone...

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard
  • amandapri82
    amandapri82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome...!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and feel free to add me. :smile:
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you are not alone. Hang in here we can support each other. This site is part of what is keeping me on track. Friend me if you like..Melva
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    welcome! I'm not a veteran on this site, but I'd be happy to be in your support team. Add me if you want :)

good luck and enjoy the journey!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hey....welcome to MFP. I have been using this site for the past 7 months now and have been able to lose close to 50 pounds. The biggest advise I can give you is to take it one day at a time, log in all your food intake and start moving and you should see some great results. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • crabbyvirgo
    Options
    I primarily use this site from from my android app but have decided to join in the community aspect more. I think we all can use the support and accountability and also get ideas from eachother about what is working and not working. Feel free to add me if you like, I only have 2 other friends!!! Good luck! The biggest thing that helps me stay on track is that even when I have bad eating days, I still log everything even if it is shameful. I don't give up and just keep logging and striving to stick with it. I have lost 20 pounds since I started using this app on my phone and before that I was manually logging everything in a food journal and I lost 20 pounds at that. It's taken me almost 2 years to get that far, but I have learned alot and changed my habits and lifestyle immensely and have even motivated my family to make small but smart changes as I learn how. One of the things I love about this app/site, is the recipe calculator. I love experimenting with recipes and making up stuff, and the recipe calculator is an amazing tool that can allow you a lot of freedom to eat what you love and be knowledgeable about it. Anyway, best wishes!