Achilles Question

Options
So I have been running and am really excited about it. B,ut the past two days my left achilles tendon has been so tight and painful, that I can't run more than half a mile (I have progressed to one mile). It isn't painful when I am walking so that is what I have been doing.

I ordered a new pair of running shoes last night because mine are probably worn out. Any other suggestions? I have it on ice right now and took some ibuprofen. It feels fine a few hours after I am done. I really hope I just needed the new shoes:cry:

Replies

• JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So I have been running and am really excited about it. B,ut the past two days my left achilles tendon has been so tight and painful, that I can't run more than half a mile (I have progressed to one mile). It isn't painful when I am walking so that is what I have been doing.

I ordered a new pair of running shoes last night because mine are probably worn out. Any other suggestions? I have it on ice right now and took some ibuprofen. It feels fine a few hours after I am done. I really hope I just needed the new shoes:cry:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Oh, be so careful! I had Achilles Tendinitis several years ago and if you're not careful, you can develop a long term injury. Make sure to stretch really well before and after you work out. Don't run uphills. If your achilles starts to 'creak', stop running and go to the doctor! :) Good luck!