Womens Dress Size

Options
Does anyone know what size Id wear in womens? because I dont...

Im 5'2
Weight 156lbs
Waist:37in.
Hips:40 1/2 in.
Chest:38in.

I would love if you could answer I plan on ordering a costume online and I dont want to get the wrong size.

Thanks!

p.s can you tell me in size and whether its a XS,S,M,L,XL, ect ect...
Thanks again <3

Replies

• Llama74
    Llama74 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    only a guess: size 14
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    I AM 5'1 I WEIGH 155 I WEAR A 8 IN WOMENS AND CAN FIT SUM 6'S... DEF NOT A 14 :laugh:
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I think perhaps a 10?? I am 5'7" and I weight 159 and I'm in between a 10 & an 8
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    AW AND I WEAR A MED IN TOPS
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    does the costume site not show a sizing chart that you can check? Like anything else it will depend on the style of the outfit as to what size and how i will fit...
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weight 159 and am currently a 10, which translates to a M or L depending on the cut.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Go by your measurements, not height and weight... Your measurements are very close to mine and I wear a 14 (large or XL) I am also taller and weigh more (5'4", 163) so you might be a 16, but either way I'd say 14 or 16.

On the other hand, I wear size 12 jeans...

And different manufacturers size things differently...

Go try some on.
  • Delia1987
    Options
    ok, Iam 5"2 as well my waist is 32/33 and my hip is a 42 so is pretty similar to mines. I wear a size 10/11 but it all depends on the cut and make of the dress(in this case costume) i say go w the your regular size. and if you have to pick between s,m, l,xl just go w large.
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think a 10 would probably fit you, we're about the same size and that's what I wear. I would recommend going to your local store with clothes and trying on some things to see what fits before you order. It would suck to order something and not have time to exchange it if it didn't fit
  • AthennasMommy
    AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ok, Iam 5"2 as well my waist is 32/33 and my hip is a 42 so is pretty similar to mines. I wear a size 10/11 but it all depends on the cut and make of the dress(in this case costume) i say go w the your regular size. and if you have to pick between s,m, l,xl just go w large.

thanks(:
    I was thinking about a Medium,but I might just go with a large.Id rather have it a little loose than a bit to tight.
  • AthennasMommy
    Options
    I think a 10 would probably fit you, we're about the same size and that's what I wear. I would recommend going to your local store with clothes and trying on some things to see what fits before you order. It would suck to order something and not have time to exchange it if it didn't fit

So would that be a medium or large?
  • Delia1987
    Options
    hmm a medium may be a bit too tight...but then again iam only going by size. you know your body and body shape better then us. go to your local store and try a similar costume on. ive noticed that costumes run a bit smaller. so my advice is go w the large.
  • AthennasMommy
    Options
    hmm a medium may be a bit too tight...but then again iam only going by size. you know your body and body shape better then us. go to your local store and try a similar costume on. ive noticed that costumes run a bit smaller. so my advice is go w the large.

Thanks (:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Are these US or UK sizes? I can never understand how people who say they weigh more than I do, are in smaller sizes?

I'm 163 lbs and only just gone down from size 20 to size 18 and these are like Evans jeans for the larger woman with part elasticated sides.

I got some tracksuit bottoms a size 18 and they are really tight fitting around the tummy. The adidas ones I still cant wear as they seem to do a very small front panel so the 'waist' actually comes up to widest part of my tummy... maybe its just cos my weight is all around the abdomen, so even though waist has dropped to 34 and half I still have to get them over hips and tummy?

I have some smart suit trousers from over 10 years ago (only worn a few times as I gained weight shortly after buying suit for a wedding... so still brand new) which were a then size 16, i can just fit in them, but I don't think I'd get in todays equivalent of size 16 as sizes seem to be alot smaller.

I think they expect people to be flat so even if you have a smaller or average sized waist but large hips and tummy you can't get the trousers for your waist size, as they have to be the size to get over your hips/tummy.

Last summer i got some size 18 long sleeved t-shirts and they were really tight and skinny so have to go up a size so I have room to move in themas I end up ripping them from self propelling my chair if they are too tight under the arms. so consequently feel fat as I always end up having to buy a bigger size.

years ago size 20 and above where the XL's and XXL's.. now I'm seeing sizes 16 and 18 listed as XL and XXL.. are the fashion industry just trying to make everyone feel fat... and the really fashionable items don't seem available over a size 12/14.. everyone seems obsessed with being a size zero or double zero!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Depends how you are built. I am 5'2 as well, and when I weighed 150lbs I was a sz 9. I would be doubtful that you're a 14, because I wear a 12-16 now depending on the brand and I am a lot heavier than that.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sizing is so messed up. I've gone from 232lbs to 191lbs, size 22 to a 16 top and 18 bottoms., UK sizes. 5'3"
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 @ 143lbs and my measurements are 36 bust, 33 waist and 40 hips. I usually wear a large, but some costume companies run big. It depends on your frame. Check the measurements, usually they say what the measurements are. I usually wear a size 8 or 10 in dress size.

Or....you can be sneaky and go to a costume store to try it on, then order it online :)