I am new

Options
My name is Keri, I just discovered My Fitness Pal app.This is going to help me improve my life. I have had diabetes for over ten years and never taken it seriously. The last 4 weeks I have become tired and moody and lost in everything. I finally gave up and went to the doctor for some help and have been told my diabetes was out of control. I talked to my boyfriend and my daughter about it and they were completely on booard to help. I always knew I had high blood sugar but didn't want to give up what I thought was so very imprtant to me. The truth is I don't need my Pepsi to live and get through the day. I have always eaten until i'm stuffed, nothing in moderation. Since I took my disease seriously I got up 15 mins early and walked my dogs. For the past two weeks the dogs have a routine and whimper if i don't get up to walk them. It's only because of the annoying whimper that I woould get up and out of bed. but lately I have increased to 30 minutes and the dogs love it. This past week i have noticed I'm feeling better I actually get up on purpose to exercise and after work I actually walk 30 minutes. It actually makes me feel good whenIi exercise. Anyway I have been told to eat only a certain amount of carbs and calories it was overwhelming. This app has helped me amazingly. It will be definately a tool that will make my life better. I have 100 pounds to lose and I'm getting married next december so I have an incentive but, I'm scared, It's overwhelming and I hope I can keep this eating healthy and exercise thing up. It's my life but, i give upeasily and I hope I can do it.

Replies

• Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged by the big picture. Just take it a day at a time. Congrats on the up coming wedding!
  • candylw
    candylw Posts: 37
    Options
    good luck... this app has really helped me too and i am finally feeling the effects and have so much more energy
  • tula23
    tula23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! Your dogs will help you. :-)
    This site is tremendous as it keeps track of your carbs, fats, protein etc... Be sure to take a good look around at your settings and adjust them as needed.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Try to think 1lb. at a time. That's the way we put the weight on and it's the only way we're going to take it off. It's ok to have an ultimate goal weight in mind. Just don't allow the number to discourage you. Set some mini goals and reward yourself as you reach them. Take care of yourself emotionally as well as physically.
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Congrats on taking charge of your life and finally seeing what is really important (and it isn't food!).
    Don't focus too much on the numbers on a scale. Instead focus on a healthy lifestyle. Make the changes slowly and they will become permanent and it won't overwhelm you. You are welcome to friend me if you like. You can do this.