Overeating days

Options
I have lost 12 pounds in 2 months here; but notice that I have overeating days every week, especially before that time of the month. Today I overate by about 1000 calories. Do people here who have achieved significant results relate? Have you had those types of days?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Oh, definitely. Every couple of weeks I have a completely off day. I notice a weight gain and feel sluggish for about a day, and then am right back on track!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I totally have those days! I keep telling myself that it's okay because it's only once in awhile....and it probably helps with metabolism - that zigzagging of calories. That's what I tell myself anyhow. HAHA.
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had one today! And I am not happy about it but guess I will just have to accept it and double up the exercise on Monday. :sad:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    today is one of those days
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    yep...i have a day off every now and then...but i still track and try not to go crazy and eat 3000 or 4000 calories in a day...which is very easy to do if we eat out twice that day...

like today for example...i am over by 400 calories...i really wanted a Wendy's Chocolate Frosty Shake and didnt even think to log it before i ate it...come to find out they are 900 calories...i feel gross and will not be eating one of them for a long time...i had no idea!

dont beat yourself up when you go over...i know i used to and i would just tell myself that well if you cant keep eating right you may as well just give up...and there began y pattern of yo-yo dieting til i got to a huge 301lbs!

eat what you want sometimes, and enjoy it...but just remember that tomorrow you are back on track and living a healthy lifestyle and give it all you've got!
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    for sure it happens. I feel like it shocks my system when I have just one high calorie day and I'll notice a drop in weight. The trick is to not get excited and start eating everything in sight for a week because that's when the weight comes back on. I've made this mistake. :-(
  • spasticlulu
    Options
    lets face it girls, we will always have a 'bad' day, no normal person can stick to a diet FOREVER there will be days that we eat over and lets face it, it will be better to eat WAY to much now and then, as a possed to eating WAY to much EVERYDAY!!!
  • ptrain987
    Options
    I had one today...i don't eat as many calories as MFP wants me too but when i go over my limit i feel really really really bad and then i feel as if i have to work out to make myself feel better....but i don't want to get burned out doing that...but i'm not going to quit...after reading other responses on here i don't feel as bad because everyone has them
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've had a few of those days. In fact, some people say it's good to have one every once in a while in order to rev up your metabolism. As long as it doesn't get out of control, I wouldn't worry about it. :)
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    I totally have those days! I keep telling myself that it's okay because it's only once in awhile....and it probably helps with metabolism - that zigzagging of calories. That's what I tell myself anyhow. HAHA.
    ha me too!
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    for sure it happens. I feel like it shocks my system when I have just one high calorie day and I'll notice a drop in weight. The trick is to not get excited and start eating everything in sight for a week because that's when the weight comes back on. I've made this mistake. :-(

haha thats so true! I ate heaps the first 2 days i went home for a week, didnt put on any weight so went a bit overboard for the rest of the week and gained 1kg (2.2lb) when i weighed myself at the end of the week. Damn.
    Won't make that mistake again.
    Well I'm sure I will actually....